E-Rocker's training log

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by E-Rocker, Jul 1, 2015.

1. E-Rocker

E-Rocker Valued Member

This will be mainly a fitness training log, as I'm doing little-to-no martial arts training at the moment.

Long-term goals: lose the gut; get leg strength closer to even. At the moment, my left leg is significantly stronger & noticeably larger.

Short-term goals:

July: limit consumption of soda* (*insert your preferred regional term for sugary beverage here) to the zero-calorie variety.

August: limit consumption of soda to none.

Current weight: 167.7 pounds.

Goal weight: 165 pounds or less. I'm not really that concerned about the number of pounds I weigh, but I am concerned about the shape of those pounds.

Activities thus far this week:

Monday: 75 minute run through the neighborhood & along the North Shore Channel Trail; 90 minute walk on the North Branch Trail in the Forest Preserve; some strength stuff.

Tuesday: 2 hour bike ride along North Shore Channel Trail; some strength stuff.

2. E-Rocker

E-Rocker Valued Member

Wednesday, July 1: 45 minute run with my Wednesday-morning running buddy. Runs with her tend to be shorter & slower than my solo runs, but it's nice to have someone to exercise with. Also did some strength stuff.

3. E-Rocker

E-Rocker Valued Member

Thursday, July 2: Rest day, as my Thursdays typically are.

4. E-Rocker

E-Rocker Valued Member

Friday, July 3: Skipped running because I was having trouble with my knee. Rode the stationary bike for about 45 minutes instead.

Saturday, July 4: Independence Day holiday. No deliberate exercise, but I did walk several miles around the festival grounds.

Sunday, July 5: Did some light-effort single stick carenza for about 15 minutes. Planning to do more exercise once my work shift is over.

5. E-Rocker

E-Rocker Valued Member

Monday, July 6: Still having trouble with my knee. Both knees, actually. Rode the stationary bike for about an hour before I came to work. Will either ride the "real bike" or run tomorrow, depending on how my knees feel.

6. E-Rocker

E-Rocker Valued Member

Wednesday, July 7: Rode stationary bike for 30 minutes, plus a 1-minute sprint at the end.

Did single dagger carenza for about 15 minutes. Split about 80/20 between right-handed and left-handed, and about 50/50 between pikal grip and longit grip. I didn't have time to dig my training daggers out of storage, so I used what was handy, specifically a butterknife. :p

7. E-Rocker

E-Rocker Valued Member

Oops, July 7 was a Tuesday. I had an unusual work schedule this week, hence the mixup of days.

ANYWAY, Wednesday, July 8: Ran for one hour. Went about 4.82 miles. I set a slow pace, because I wanted to make sure it was one I could keep up for a whole hour.

Thursday, July 9: Mostly rest day, although I did ride the stationary bike for 30 minutes before coming to work.

8. E-Rocker

E-Rocker Valued Member

Stopped tracking my training here for no particular reason, then stopped training altogether mainly from a bout of depression, but now I'm back in action. :)

Sunday, July 19: 1 hour run. Went a little less than 5 miles.

Monday, July 20: four mile walk. Not sure how long it took.

Tuesday, July 21: 90 minute bike ride, mostly on paved trails with short sections of dirt trails and other short sections of paved streets. Went about 15 miles.

9. E-Rocker

E-Rocker Valued Member

Friday, July 24: 45 minute run

Sunday, July 26: 1 hour walk

Monday, July 27: 1 hour run