E-musha shugyo

Discussion in 'Ninjutsu' started by Dunc, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Bonesdoc

Bonesdoc Valued Member

I agree with dunc regarding Ishizuka & Kacem in that they both offer huge amounts to the bujinkan. It is more that some of their 'devotees' make comments that sound like the hermit scene in the monty python film 'Life of Brian' :
    " he has given us a sign "
    " he has given us his..........shoe"
    " We must gather shoes"
    " Tell... Is that his gourd "
    Etc an so on.

Similar to others I think Soke teaches us to think for ourselves and not to be divisive but I guess it takes all kinds..........

2. kouryuu

kouryuu Kouryuu

Agreed

3. skuggvarg

skuggvarg Valued Member

I would be very careful in following any certain direction Hatsumi sensei points out. Hatsumi sensei is first and foremost the inheritor of ninjutsu ryu-ha. It only follows that desinformation is an integral part of his way. Secondly, Im in it for the skills and the knowledge. Following someone just because they say this or that or because they put you on a piedestal is really far down my priority list.

Regards / Skuggvarg

4. Dunc

Dunc Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

You understand that that line of reasoning allows anyone to get away with ignoring his advice/guidance for their own purposes right?

Great! and I hope my posts didn't suggest that I thought otherwise
    Sorry if they did

5. campsinger

campsinger Valued Member

It should be noted that Oguri-san was a farmer, and had spent many, many years bent over planting/harvesting rice. I don't think it was possible for Oguri-san to straighten his back enough to have a posture as straight as Someya or Nagato, for example.

6. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

what would the point be of disinformation?