Dynamic Stretches in the morning?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by NinjaPlease, Sep 24, 2012.

1. NinjaPlease

NinjaPlease Ninjas always say Please.

Hey guys, I know that in the thread Stretching for high kicks Zandt says that "In the morning, you must start dynamic stretches within 15 minutes upon waking".

My question is does it really matter? Cause when I wake up in the morning I find it very hard to go right into a 15min stretching exercise.

I normally do my first set of dynamic stretches anywhere from 1-2hours after I wake up. Is this bad? Should I start doing it right upon waking up?

Thanks. :)

2. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

Is it working?

3. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

Got a link to said article?

When you first wake up I suppose your muscles etc are at their most relaxed, so worth a go. Might help to get over any stiffness too. (not that sort you lurkers!)

15 mins is enough time for a coffee before stretching. :hat:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  4. NinjaPlease

They've helped me quite a bit ( i've only been doing them for about a month ).

I was just wondering if i'm missing anything by waiting.

5. NinjaPlease

http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89245

6. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

Cheers! Will read...

7. jazzysingh

jazzysingh Valued Member

just stretch. stretching helps u get flexible. do it when u can fit it in. it will work.

8. righty

righty Valued Member

Do you read the entire thread?

9. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

If it works then no worries.

10. S&CMAN

S&CMAN Valued Member

I'm having a bit of trouble understanding that. I mean, it can hurt right, as long as it isn't agonizing pain? Is tension the same thing as pain? I know I've read that if it hurts you're doing it wrong. Basically, without a trainer right there to help, how do I really know how far to go with the stretch before it becomes too far since everyone has a different pain threshold?

11. Sketco

Sketco Banned Banned

It shouldn't hurt. What it means is you should feel the tension release a little like someone's just given you a little extra slack.

12. S&CMAN

S&CMAN Valued Member

I get a mild discomfort if I try to stretch my hamstrings too far(the stretch with the sole of one foot tucked against the opposite thigh), but it's not anything I can't stand. I feel genuine pain however, when I try to reach too far in touching my toes from a sitting position.