dumog

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by saikyou, Sep 25, 2003.

1. saikyou

saikyou New Member

this was a story about a dumuguero here in the philippines. got these from a website and was written by Grand Tuhon Leo T. Gaje Jr.

...the thief was held by the left arm and without delay his left arm was twisted. Then the Dumoguero close in beside the thief. He suddenly made a body twist wrecking the arm, then he grab the thief and went down inserting his right shoulder between his legs and brought the thief to the ground breaking his spinal and smashing his head to the ground until the face, the head were completely unrecognizable...

Last edited: Sep 25, 2003
  2. shootodog

shootodog restless native

yup. brother guro doug keeps on saying that dumog isn't for dummies nor the weak of heart.

this isn't sport. this is for your personal protection.

3. shootodog

the mumbakki said something to me recently. he said, when you go for a crab or a scorpion crank, in dumog, there would be no hesitation to go and break the spine anyway. you cannot tap in a real fight now can you?

head butting the spine, grinding your shoulder or elbow on to the nose, chin on eye, etc.

legal? there are no refs on the street.

such is dumog.

now on to nicer things like bicol express and crispy tadyang...

4. saikyou

saikyou New Member

yeah. not for the cage/ring but for the street.

the reason why I researched about it is bec. a friend asked me if dumog can beat BJJ. at that time I still dont know dumog so I researched. this is what I got.

5. Em-em

Em-em I wanna go home!

there's an old thread on dumog... try searching it saikyou. YODA had some info about it

6. saikyou

saikyou New Member

thanks!.

7. krys

krys Valued Member

Of course Dumog can beat BJJ on the street as BJJ can beat Dumog.....
    In a fight the superior fighter will win, whatever style he studied.....

Last edited: Oct 13, 2003
  8. shootodog

hahahaha!!!

in pinoymma.com, we used to chastize the children for having this "my kung fu better than your kung fu" cr@p!

yes! it boils down to the user. if you have a beautiful pistol with all the trimmings and bell and whistles but are a lousy shot...then you still suck!!!

just a quote i got from the godfather: "anybody can kill anybody" so, i assume that anybody can beat anybody.

9. saikyou

saikyou New Member

correct! :D

10. juramentado

juramentado lean, mean eating machine

yup. The effectiveness of the MA relies on the skill of the practitioner.

Having said that, dumog is seriously nasty. There's really no way to describe it except by saying that it's quite brutal.

11. shootodog

amen brother jur, amen. especially if we're talking about the dumog d that the grand tuhon's teaching. nasty nasty nasty! even the dumog of the mumbakki is nasty but that dumog of the grand tuhon is nasty nasty nasty.

12. Matt_Bernius

Matt_Bernius a student and a teacher

When Guru Doug use to show us Dumog in Rochester at first I was shocked that every move seemed to snap a spine. But that was part of my "awakening" to Kali (and Pekiti) being a true battlefield art.

13. littlebird

littlebird New Member

There is an old answer.

Whether it is said by Bruce Lee or General Patton or Vunak:

Whoever brings the mostest firstest wins!