Dubai?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Andy Murray, Jun 29, 2004.

1. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

Has anyone been, or does anyone know much about Dubai?

I'm being sent there by my work in September, supposedly staying in the worlds only 7 star hotel.

My geography is terrible, and I don't even know where it is, let alone it's customs.

Anyone know anything, or do I godda Google?

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

3. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

You lucky man!

I don't know if there is more than one 7-star hotel in Dubai now.

Do you know the name of yours?

The Dubai Golf Classic was recently held and most of the top names stayed in this one: http://www.dubai.ws/h_burjalarab.htm

The thing that looks like a 'dish' near the top of the hotel is a helicopter pad. I have seen some awesome pictures of Tiger Woods hitting golf balls from it!!!!!!

As I said earlier ......

You Lucky Man!

:D

4. Andy Murray

Apparently, we're supposed to do a Jeep Safari to a Bedouine camp or summat.

I'd rather have the cost of it in my salary to be honest.

5. Andy Murray

Apparently it's the only 7 star hotel in the world, but the link you posted was a 5 star hotel.

Looked a bit nicer than a Travel Lodge mind you?

The only plus side is, I know it's got a Good Gym.

6. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

Now you are really rubbing it in . :cry:

7. Andy Murray

You'll be telling me you fancy Chilled Monkey Brains and Sheeps Eyeballs next!

Bring on the belly dancers

Apparently, two of em tuck you in every night, hairy armpits the works. :D

8. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

I think the link I posted is the 7-star one.

Found this on the web:

Travelling back to Abu Dhabi, we decided to stop off in Dubai for dinner. We made a valiant attempt to get into the Burj Al-Arab, the highest hotel in the world, and also the only 7-star hotel in the world. The place is stunning. Apparently you get your own personal servant. We flashed diplomatic passports and embassy IDs but we were turned down because of our dress. No worries, tomorrow we are going back with nice clothes and some calls made to some connections.

Cheers. :)

9. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

Last edited: Jun 29, 2004
  10. Andy Murray

If I wore a Kilt, would I pull a Millionaire Chick Babe, or just pull a muscle? :D

11. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

You would have a good case for either. :D :eek: :D

12. seantech

seantech New Member

Mate... If you are in dubai: Check out the Wild Wadi (waterpark) if you have time. If you are staying in the 7-star hotel, then you get in free!

Dubai has some nice things here and there ;) Diving ain't too good though, yet! They have some big shopping malls and nice food courts in em too!

There are some too good to be true restaurants there! I will ask my dad for their names for you, if you are interested!

Sean.

13. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

Andy,

How long are you going for?

Cheers. :)