drink, drink and be merry

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by reikislapper, Apr 25, 2005.

1. reikislapper

reikislapper see you on the flypaper

Firstly I'm not here to judge or be judged for what I'm going to say in this area, anyway I'm the last one to say it in the first place lol.
    Right then to the thread lol,

How many of you think that you drink more than you really should ?

Does anyone know the true units what a man and woman should drink to be healthy and how many of us actually keep to the limit?.

I for one can't just have a glass of wine, I have to finish off the bottle when it's open (tries to hide if anyone she knows sees this but knowing full well they already know lol).
    I'm wondering if anyone thinks that they might have a problem with drinking, as this is the an area which all of us could be more responsible for as we go into competitions and train with the very people we try and beat. Are we doing more damage to our bodies by drinking or do we do more damage with how we all train, I'll leave the ball in your court to answer that one lol.

I have kept off the cigs upto yet as I'm on the reiki course and can't have any at the moment even though I could murder one but the alcohol is a lot harder to give up and I've spent most of my time drinking since I've been back in Derbyshire but I've kept to the 24 hr thing when giving a treatment lol. I have been catching up with friends though trying to justify myself as we've been meeting in the pubs and had a drink at home as well lol.
    I can see where the problem is in myself and wondered if anyone had the same problem. Would it be easy to give the drink up or would you come fighting and forget it and tell the folk to get lost and leave you alone as you haven't a problem in that area.
    You don't have to tell all so don't worry lol.
    lisa xx

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

*Waves

Guilty as charged yer honour!

3. reikislapper

GOTCHA !!!! at last lol, I knew you couldn't resist this one Yoda lol.
    Well at least you've had the guts to admit it and that half the battle won,
    congratulations
    lisa xx

4. adouglasmhor

adouglasmhor Not an Objectivist

I drink sensibly most of the time, but I admit to binge drinking occasionaly, not clever for someone with a liver problem.

5. GhostOfYourMind

GhostOfYourMind Bewaters lil Iron Monkey

I don't drink alcohol at all, I mean, I've had a few sips here and there, and it tastes horrible to me. So I don't think I'll take it up any time soon. Plus the fact that I'm 16 may help things...:D

6. DangerMouse

DangerMouse Dazed & Confused

Yup - I drink too much (apparently).

I don't know the actual limits, because every time I start adding up my units for a week, I realise I've probably had them already in the last 3 days :eek:

I don't worry about it at the moment though for a couple of reasons:

1) I'm in university, I'm sure there's meant to be a multiplying factor on the alowance for students :D
    2) It doesn't effect my life in any detrimental way (for now anyway).

I know it's not good health wise in the long run, but I will seriously drink less when I've finished my course (I hardly drink when I go home for vacations).

I find the best way to relax is with a drink or too, listening to some good music of an evening. It's not everyone's cup of tea (or beer), but it's my lifestyle and I'm sticking to it :p

7. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

never trust a man/woman you havn't seen drunk! which by all acount makes me the most trusted person in England.

8. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

I have about 1-2 drinks a week with dinners.

9. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

[​IMG]

You too? ;)

[​IMG]

10. Jamo2

Jamo2 The Louie Vitton Don

I drink a bit too much. Even sat in my house, ill think, hmm, i fancy a lager. Which is not good. And out of the house i try not to get too drunk, because hangovers are satans spawn, but it happens sometimes.

11. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

12. Roual

Roual Eternally curious...

I must admit I do have a drink problem, but it's not alcohol, it's that damn road cleaning, tooth desolving, penny shining stuff they call coke cola!!!

As for alcohol, don't drink it because a) I know what I get like when I've had a bit to drink, and b) I don't really like the taste of most alcohol

13. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

I don't have a problem with it. Like today, I just had 2 pints sat outside the pub for a while, but then I came home because I need to do work. I don't drink too much at home (probably due to change in summer!), but sometimes when I go out I can go crazy and drink well into the next morning. It never bothers me, either way it's all good. Drinking rocks my world, but I don't do it all the time :)

14. tom pain

tom pain I want Chewbacc for good

Nope, I don't drink alcohol. I'm only 17 so the real boozing is a while away - but I'm still not going to do it. I don't see the point. There are kids in my college who think they by going out and getting ****ed every weekend means they are cool/hard. It's pathetic.

I don't drink much soft drink either. Mostly milk or water.

15. rtkd-badger

rtkd-badger Fundimentaly Manipulated

I dont have a drinking problem, I drink, I get drunk, I fall down, No problem. :D
    If I had to pay full price I would probably drink less but seeing that I brew my own beer and distill my own hooch ;)

16. reikislapper

You have to send me the recipe of the hooch badger :D
    through pm or email of cause, I wouldn't want to upset the mods would I lol.
    lisa xx

17. tl Eric

tl Eric I think I'll have a Tab

Dont worry Badger, you're not drunk if you can lay on the floor without holding on.

18. rtkd-badger

rtkd-badger Fundimentaly Manipulated

Lmao, Good point :D

19. Athleng Nordic

Athleng Nordic Sadly passed away. RIP. Supporter

You stole my line.

I tend to stay away until the weekends. I can not have a drink while out with friends, but once I have one I tend to not stop. Better to stay home and not have to drive. It's easy when I drive my scoot. Absoulty refuse to drink and drive with my motorcycle. I might have a something with a meal and drive the truck but not the bike.

20. Maverick

Maverick New Member

I'm not affected by addictive effects of smoking or alcohol so...no.