Dreams

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by flaming, May 1, 2016.

1. flaming

flaming Valued Member

I slept last night. And had a anxiety dream.

Would anyone else like to share some of there most memorable dreams?

Not lucid ones or sexual ones...

:simon::mitch:

2. Ben Gash CLF

Ben Gash CLF Valued Member

This week I dreamed that one of my colleagues drove through the guard rail and we plunged into a ravine.

3. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Yep I can imagine that was very traumatic...

Sobering

4. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Dreams are fascinating and I'd love to explore this further one day.

I've done threads on sleep and this entire area is an avenue I'd explore as a career if I had my time over again.

You can get some explanation for your dreams here.

http://www.dreamdictionary.org/c/

Every time I've listened to a dream analyst it seems to boil down to people feeling trapped and with a lack of direction.

The advice seems to be take that chance and be who you want to be.

Last edited: May 1, 2016
  5. SWC Sifu Ben

SWC Sifu Ben I am the law

I haven't dreamt in years, not that I can remember anyway. Sometimes I miss it but I think sleep might be a lot more restful this way.

6. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Apparently we all dream every night, it's just that not all are remembered.

I have heard that you can re-visit dreams and enter them at certain points. I heard a dream expert say it was just a case of focus and imagination.

I believe dreams are the brains was of organising a lot of the stuff that goes on during waking hours. A bit like a mental filing cabinet.

https://sleepfoundation.org/sleep-news/your-dreams

7. flaming

flaming Valued Member

I agree, kind of like defragmenting. the hard drive.

8. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

Any time you are in deep or REM sleep you dream, one cycle of a dream lasts between 90 minutes.

9. CrowZer0

I keep a dream journal and with ZMA supplement have some very funky ones. One very vivid one was, I was in my childhood home attic with a few friends. For some reason I was my very younger self as were my friends, teen years I guess. We were surrounded by police and apparently we were holed in, here's a very weird part to the dream, Arnold's Terminator 2 walks in and says I will cover you and starts rocket launching everywhere. We escape I guess because the next part of the dream I'm in a very modern looking museum with neon walls and artwork glowinge everywhere, turns out I live here with some old friends who I haven't spoken to or heard from in years. I'm talking some school people I kinda new, and we were making smoothies.

I'm a fan of dreams and one of my fantasys is one day being the bill gates of the dream machine, which would be a device which records your dreams and then is available to sell/stream or watched like a modern TV show or movie. This would have the dream oscars, critics etc.

Nice idea for a thread.

10. Nachi

Nachi Valued Member Supporter

I do also remember some of my dreams. Most of them tend to be stupid and irrational, but I dreamed a few with a fantasy setting like me battling it out with an old aquintance half-flying and using energy of my dantian :D
    At a different time I was probably some adventurer and found a huge ancient temple with baboons depicted everywhere on the walls and a huge corridor lined with baboon statues. At the end of it there was a big space with a live giant half baboon half women deity/monster with long wavy hair looking at me in the dim torchlight :)

There's also one dream from many years ago where I was a sort of a dark queen walking up to the throne with crowds of people celebrating. I remember this one because there was playing a loud music not sure from where, but it was as I felt the most beautiful music I'd ever heard and I could feel my eyes getting teary. I could remember it still for a few moments after I woke up, but then it was lost forever and now I remember it still as the most beautiful music, although I've long since forgotten what it sounded like :) It wasn't tune I knew, though.

11. flaming

flaming Valued Member

I had a dream once that I was chained to a motorbike, by edward scissor hands. He doused me in petrol and then lit it. I woke up screaming am I dead...

I liked it, looking back...

12. Dan Bian

Dan Bian Neither Dan, nor Brian

I've had a couple of recurring nightmares;

1) Im at one end of a local highstreet and there is a huge machine working its way along the road destroying everything. I have to try and get past it, but at the same point every time I get hit with a huge flail and cut in half. I wake up with that 'falling' feeling as I get thrown up in the air.

2) Im at the top of a tall tower with no walls. The tower swings 180degrees side to side, and I have to hold on. Eventually I lose my grip and fall off. I land on the top of a medieval wall, and wake up with that 'falling' feeling.

They seem to be the only dreams I ever remember the next morning.

13. flaming

flaming Valued Member

I hope you don't have a nightmare. :simon::mitch::topic::Aegis::saz:

14. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

I tend to forget my dreams rather quick;y, but often have very funky ones. For the longest time a recurring theme was dreams involving my old high-school, lasting well into my twenties. Not the happiest stage of my life, high-school :p

15. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

I've discussed this on MAP before.

I got a recurring nightmare that I have had nearly on every bed/couch I've slept on. I'm lying on my back, my hands are on my chest.
    I watch a snake crawl from my right side and over my arm, it hovers a while and bites my left hand.

Just before it connects, I wake up in shock and grab my left hand. It has happened so many times, my partner just says..."snake dream again?"

I don't tend to remember happy dreams but any that freaks me out I tend to remember.

16. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

I usually remember my dreams when I have them, and I usually get them when I miss my meds for a day.

I post them on my Facebook, but they would be against ToS here. The last one started with fighting a pack of wolves and ended with a fashion show 0_0

17. Bozza Bostik

Bozza Bostik Antichrist on Button Moon

Crisco on the cat walk?

18. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Well, it was in a jail/government office/museum/library. Crisco goes well in all of those.

Hell, Crisco goes well everywhere, who are we kidding?

19. CrowZer0

You will never remember ANY completed dreams. You only remember dreams which have been interrupted so it could be that this snake dream is just the one that wakes you up.

Curious, are you afraid of snakes?

20. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

I'm not a "phobe" as it were but as common sense goes, if I see a potential poisonous one or anything that can eat me...I'm throwing Chimpcheng in front of me and running for help...for him :)