(Dr. Yang Jwing-Ming Fighting Set) Breaking Someone's Structure?

Discussion in 'Tai chi' started by KrazyKaiju, Oct 4, 2008.

1. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

All practitioners of all MA's are perpetual beginners.

My point is that whatever is being taught should be done so honestly.

2. Dillon

Dillon Valued Member

I really enjoy that video, FQ. Was that from the special features for the movie Tai Chi Master? I think I remember seeing that building in those special features, but that may just be that they're filmed at the same location.

3. Fire-quan

Fire-quan Banned Banned

I have NO idea - I just found it on youtube by looking up 'tui shou'.

4. Dillon

Dillon Valued Member

Cool. I'll have to watch those special features again at some point to see.

5. weiliquan

weiliquan Valued Member

thanks for that vid.

it looked to me that he could have put a lot more power in that once he had the other guys center.humble!

6. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

Humble is my byword, so respect to you...but can you please type the beginning of sentances with a capital letter....it makes posts easier to read. Thank you.:)

7. weiliquan

weiliquan Valued Member

8. tai-ji

tai-ji New Member

Dear Carys,
    I am not sure if you have ever heard the idea of Ukemi. This is the ability to fall- but not fall. In short, falling is passive and dead(ie you lose) but ukemi is the active yet not active way of avoiding the fall or basically saving your neck in the fall. This concept is taught in more aikido settings but the ideas are very similar to the presented topic. For example, if when demonstrating a throw or lock, the recipient(uke) was highly resistant and/or lacked Ukemi, his limbs could easily break, become paralyzed, suffer internal damage, or even die. Resistance is not the key(unless u are external MA) here. While a certain realism is desired, when practicing or demonstrating techniques, if proper restraint is not applied- all the students or recipients of the techniques could die. realism in intent should be kept, but the practice, training, and demonstrating of techniques should know bounds of proper restraint and use (ie one's students are not punching bags)

9. weiliquan

weiliquan Valued Member

You are both right.
    This was some of the content we trained by (levels) there is slow and speed it up,same moves.

There is then QUIET time, this is no resistance.(only techniques)this goes for jujitsu as well.same thing, listen.

Then there's middle ground,and all out. If the student don't go though Quiet time, 2 things happen. 1.He never learns the moves. 2.He himself does not have the ability to listen in time to stop himself from injuring his partners.

Though in all out ,is all out. That means you have (Intent) to damage,and you had a prior agreement to do so.

While i admire Carys Warrior Mentality, We need both.

Sorry about the spelling and such Carys, been punched in the head too many times.

:evil: