Double Volgue Teacher?

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Soltari, Nov 6, 2003.

1. Soltari

Soltari New Member

Well, i pray at the very least i spelt the name right.

I began learning the double Volgue around a year ago, but after around 3 months my instructer had to leave town due to personal problems.

I live in Victoria, Australia, and because of this, very few people actully teach this weapon, or those that do have little, or no trainin in it's use, and tend to teach as if i am using a Staff.

I was wondering if any one could give me some basic/advanced drills to pratice (diagrams would be great), or even better, recomend a teacher around the area.

Thanks alot for your time

2. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

well what is it?
    A double headed polearm?

3. Soltari

Soltari New Member

It's like a Glaive, except with Blades on both end of the staff.

The blades ae extended further down the blade, and as this shows, it is not exactly a popular weapon, which is why i am having trouble finding a instructer

4. Cudgel

Cudgel The name says it all

oh well I the opne big reason I can see for there being no teachers is the fact the weapon isnt a weapon that existed historically. Double ehaeded polearms arnt a Euro thing.
    Your best bet I think would be either to learn a more traditonal polearm or learn staff work and use taht with teh double voulge as it just a staff with two blades

JMO