Double grading - any thoughts

Discussion in 'Kickboxing' started by ShinKick, Mar 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sever

Sever Valued Member

I'm glad you put "True story" at the end of that, because I was having my doubts
    If I'm honest, all the inter-org politics about gradings and belts in kickboxing makes me really glad that my club doesn't do grades (even though I really want one of those funky ATA camo belts to match my shorts :p)

2. seyah

seyah Valued Member

I'm not with the PKA I Expect all my students to spar especially for gradings. And I don't personally agree with Double Gradings.

Let me explain.
    1. I aint with the PKA but have no problems with how they grade as I realy have no indepth knowledge appart from the fact I do use some Grade sets taken from the PKA as optional projects, which students can use as part of their grading they must however make it known they wish to do them befor the grading starts. I wont comment on a process I know nothing about. I don't know the PKA

2. I expect all my students to sparr for grading and encourage sparring in class. However not all students come to a MA club to fight with their peers and I will respect that as it is not my place to force anyone to fight / spar it is an abuse of possition. A student gets out what they wish to put in and one area will always be missing if they don't Spar but as long as that student has the basioc and advanced rudiments then that is fine by me.

After saying that should a student not wish to Spar for a grading they are aware that whilst the sparring is not marked as each person has differing fighting abilities. The fact that they do not wish to spar will then result in a reduction of the % they get at the end of a grade. I have not yet had one student decline the sparring at gradings because of this ruling.

3. I don't aggree with Double gradings if a student performs excessively well at grading and scores a % rate of 75%+ then the will skip a grade the % mark is added up from each top score given by individual panel members.

But I would never allow a student to pay for two gradings at once I will take payment for one grade at a time only and if a student skips the additional belt certificate etc is supplied free of charge.

Anyway thats only my view on the case of double gradings.

3. I have 2 questions...

1) Are you sure your name isn't Farhad?
    2)Where was this? Which Sports centre? And finally, what did the instructor look like if you got a glimpse?

As Sever said, thank god you put (true story) at the end. How wouuld we ever take you seriously if you didn't?

4. kickboxingidiot

kickboxingidiot Valued Member

Gammacron talks a lot of sense :)

Oh norman lamont : Gammacron is something like 40 kg heavier and about half a foot taller than farhad :p
    think twice before trying to fling insults on him hes too close to home for you
    LOL

SEYAH:
    from what i have read about your posts you seem like a legitimate instructor who is in the sport for its best interests and has traditional values i..e that the belt is EARNED
    Full respect to yourself
    even though at first you misunderstood things and thought i was having a dig at you (which i wasnt)
    i am however having a dig at the PKA and their ridiculous system of letting someone be a purple or a blue belt and not EVER have sparred! i believe its totally wrong
    it would be interesting to see if JCH is actually capable of being as confrontational in real life when the barriers of cyberspace have been removed and if he will still shoot his mouth off the way he does at a FC show without beign laughed out of the building :p

5. 1) Please don't talk about yourself in the 3rd person. It makes you sound like a brain-dead boxer.

2) I haven't really been very confrontational at all. You've twice basically offered me out, said that this fighter of yours would knock me out, and warned me off doing certain things. You've also slagged off something which you have quite a limited knowledge of. I, on the other hand haven't really done much.

6. seyah

seyah Valued Member

All I can say is I say it as I see it. If I misunderstand stuff being written chances are there is a double side to the words written and because i'm a synical sod I tend to grab the wrong side :rolleyes: or do I :cool:

I teach because I enjoy teaching most of the time and it gives me something to do rather than just working.

I can see KBI has issues with the PKA as I have issues with the GKR ( stop it )

But feel that some people are letting their feelings get the best of them we are not children and as we are not children lets hope we can beg to differ without resulting to threats and insults or i'll have to bang your heads together :bang: :bang: :bang: :) :) :) Now guys shake hands :cool:

7. Gammacron

Gammacron New Member

1) No, my name isn't Farhad. At 6'2" and 17 stone, I'll knock your head off your shoulders if you want to debate that. 2) I'm from Derby and the club is either an offshoot or rival of Duane Reid's clubs. I know that because they were badmouthing him. That's all you need to know faggot. I have an idea about which club it is because they are now active on the full contact circuit in the East Midlands. If you are true member of the PKA, go figure it out for yourself. You mug.

8. Sever

Sever Valued Member

[​IMG]

Aside from being against the TOS, making threats over the internet is quite possibly the LAMEST thing in the known universe :rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 17, 2006
  9. Steve Rowe's class?

10. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Pssst... have a read of this http://www.martialartsplanet.com/maprules.htm

That post you just made was enough to get you banned 3 times over. I'd suggest you take notice of rule 1.1 before hitting the Submit button again...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.