DoTERRA oils wanted

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by campsinger, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Mate your selling fake cancer cures...... Its not advice to you, its a warning to anyone else is might be sucked in.

You don't need to be an expert aromatherapist (which isn't what a Wellness advocate is anyway) to know that's a bad idea.

axelb likes this.
  2. Dead_pool

3. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

You know, some people like to use essential oils..................... it IS legal to use and sell them.

OP already said he doesn't think it cures diseases. I get making the point about using them safely and not as a cure all. But many people do not use them to cure diseases.

But the point has been made several times over. Do you have evidence OP is using them for this purpose? Did he come on here saying he had a cure for cancer or other illnesses? No, he didn't. How about letting people use oils if they want to? No need to jump all over OP over and over again as if he came on here saying he was using them to cure cancer - he didn't. I get making the point as an overall warning about proper uses for it, but I don't get badgering it so much.

I looked at the DoTerra website. I didn't see claims of curing cancer on it. Please point out if I missed it.

BTW, I have relative who used them in her hospital room after undergoing surgery for breast cancer. Her daughter and wife bought it for her. It didn't cure her cancer, it wasn't meant to. But it was a soothing peaceful addition to the hospital room.

I have been thinking of getting a diffuser for my home. Because I like them.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
    pgsmith and campsinger like this.
  4. campsinger

campsinger Valued Member

I just want to thank y'all for tearing me a new hole because I was doing a favor for my wife and her business (not my business). Y'all are so helpful and concerned. I also appreciate that no one bothered to ask me if I had done my own research first, like reading reviews and Wikipedia's article (which I had done, but it was her business, not mine.) So again, thank you for everything.

5. Dead_pool

So your not her silent partner in the buisness?

6. Dead_pool

Yep completly legal and fine if used with caution, that's not the issue here. doterra are a dodgy company, they've had the fda censor them, and they encourage people to ingest essential oils (which is potentially lethel).

7. campsinger

campsinger Valued Member

She's my wife, so by default I'm her partner in everything. If you have a wife you know how that works. Silent partner because I have no money involved; just give advice.

Whether I believe essential oils in general can do everything they are being touted as doing is irrelevant. I'm assisting my wife in her business endeavor because that's what married people do, unless you are a poopy head of a human being.

Mod Edit: A small reminder we don't allow masked profanity on MAP

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2019
  8. Dead_pool

9. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Oh for Gods sake Dead Pool. Dude is helping his wife out. He explained it. Now you are going to tell him what he meant? And that it he didn't use the phrase correctly? It isn't a corporation with legal definitions. It's a woman with a supportive husband. He didn't think he was going to get the third degree and have to run his Internet forum post through a lawyer to make sure he used the exact correct terminology. He was just asking a friendly question on what is supposed to be a friendly forum. Sheesh! :rolleyes:

10. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

So this DoTerra sounds like the Church of Scientology of the aromatherapy world.

Credit to @Dead_pool he's trying to safeguard others from this scam. And while I have empathy for @campsinger because he's doing right by his wife, I think he'd be doing her and the rest of society a favour by asking her to stay well clear of DoTerra.

11. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Aaradia, no-one has said anything against the use of essential oils, nor have they said anything against having a business that sells them. That is all fine.

The problem is the promotion of an unethical company that encourages regular ingestion of essential oils and operates as a pyramid scheme where reps must buy way over the market price.

Claims are not on the website because the FDA is breathing down their neck after previous infractions. As I linked to before, here is how they circumvent the law and con people with medical conditions: Quick Claims Guide | dōTERRA Essential Oils

I also linked to an article by a qualified naturopath and herbalist with over 10 year’s experience and also specific training in aromatherapy: Essential oil lies –what you need to know about doterra and Young Living - Katherine Maslen

In that article she links to the Atlantic Institute of Aromatherapy injury Report of 2016. Note how DoTerra and Young Living (the company that DoTerra broke away from, and another pyramid scam) make up the vast majority of recorded injuries: Injury Reports 2016 | Aromatherapy United

axelb and Dead_pool like this.
  12. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

These sorts of pyramid schemes are all over. Nutrition products, Aloe vera products, etc.
    You'd think people would now how they "work" by now?
    A few people at the top of the pyramid make money but everyone else doesn't (but feels like they can if they just sell more or push harder or recruit more sellers below them).

Dead_pool likes this.
  13. Dead_pool

Did you just assume my religiosity?

Anyway, I have good news for you, Ive just became an emotional wellness advocate in AG (AeliusGalenus) Inc, due to your emotional outburst, I feel that to best support your wellness, its obvious your humours are out of balance, leading to a hypo-phlegmatic state.....

Of course this can be fixed now with some magic inhalent beans.... For a low low price.

Bozza Bostik likes this.
  14. Monkey_Magic

Monkey_Magic Well-Known Member

I think this is my last post on this thread.

Instead, I’m going to stick to posting on less contentious subjects like the value of forms and kata :p

Mitch and Dead_pool like this.
  15. Dead_pool

As long as they dont claim to cure cancer, I'm cool with that.....

Unless they cause cancer from the noise of the kiai?

(just like windmills! )

axelb and Monkey_Magic like this.
  16. Dead_pool

Thanks David, you've essentially broken my claims down, ordered them, searched for better evidence, and taken out the sarcasm...

Kudos!

pgsmith and axelb like this.