DoTERRA oils wanted

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by campsinger, Apr 4, 2019.

1. campsinger

campsinger Valued Member

Hey y'all...

My wife is a doTERRA Wellness advocate and I'm her not-so-silent silent partner. She asked me to check and and see if anybody on the forums were active in doTERRA from other countries. She wants to get some of the oils that are country specific to other countries.

If anybody can help us out that would be much appreciated. We can of course reciprocate the favor.

Thanks...

2. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

Sounds like a dodgy pyramid scam:

doTerra - Wikipedia

"In 2014, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration issued an FDA Warning Letterto doTerra for allowing their distributors to market its products as possible treatments or cures for Ebola, cancer, autism, and other conditions in violation of the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act.[6][5] It was later alleged that some distributors have continued to market the products by claiming benefits for the prevention or treatment of influenza, autism, and other medical conditions, and that they have used testimonials to suggest that the essential oils can assist with some medical conditions in spite of a lack of scientific evidence.[7][5]"

3. campsinger

campsinger Valued Member

No scientific evidence that essential oils "heal." Science doesn't like to admit anything not made in a laboratory works at all, even though all modern medicines are based in herbal medicine.

In any event, I've found they help, especially Deep Blue Rub for sore muscles... better than Tiger Balm. As a MLM, it's pretty good too, better than most.

4. Dead_pool

Are you saying your oils do cure cancer ebola and autism?

5. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

Do you have any studies, journals or non anecdotal evidence that this does so that is claimed by its sales representative?

Curing autism, ebola and cancer is a bold claim to be made.

Whenever I read an article that claims it is a cure for such conditions it looks like a sales pitch with buzz words.

If you are going to sell such extreme claims, then you probably want the provide some realistic and substantial evidence otherwise people will just read it as spam.

6. Monkey_Magic

Monkey_Magic Well-Known Member

People working in science test what does and doesn’t work. Without evidence-based medicine, all we’re left with is quackery.

7. Dead_pool

To be fair, he's fallen for a pyramid scam.... The type of person to fall that, isn't going to be one that understands the scientific process, and rational thinking, the best we can do is make it clear to others, that fake cancer cures etc won't be tolerated on here.

8. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

For someone with an autistic sibling which meant I grew up around many autistic children, it infuriates me when people/companies make such claims so they can make a lot of money.

Ebola and cancer and any other illness/diseases should never be written in a sentence as autism especially when referring to a "cure".

It is not an illness or a disease!
    A company that labels it as such completely discredits the entire product.

Morik, Shmook, pgsmith and 5 others like this.
  9. Dead_pool

^ Definitely, I've got a close friend who has mild aspergers, it's not a disease, it's just they're brain is wired a little differently.

axelb likes this.
  10. David Harrison

David Harrison MAPper without portfolio

Dead_pool likes this.
  11. Dead_pool

If any one is interested:

Multi-level marketing - Wikipedia

"The overwhelming majority of MLM participants (most sources estimated to be over 99.25% of all MLM distributors) participate at either an insignificant or nil net profit.[12] Indeed, the largest proportion of participants must operate at a net loss (after expenses are deducted) so that the few individuals in the uppermost level of the MLM pyramid can derive their significant earnings. Said earnings are then emphasized by the MLM company to all other participants to encourage their continued participation at a continuing financial loss.[13]"

axelb likes this.
  12. David Harrison

These oils aren't made at Hogwarts. They are mass-produced in factories which are really just like industrial-scale labs. They are not certified organic, so could well contain pesticides and GMO's.

13. Dead_pool

Organic products can also contain GMOs (which is fine anyway) and organic pesticides (which are actually worse for you then the latest ones)

Organic doesn't actually mean much.

But yea, your spot on!

axelb, ned and David Harrison like this.
  14. David Harrison

Yeah, but I'm talking about the bad ones, made by scientists. Not the good ones blessed in pagan ceremonies by moonlight.

axelb, ned and Dead_pool like this.
  15. Dead_pool

Monkey_Magic and axelb like this.
  16. campsinger

campsinger Valued Member

A. Essential oils don't cure anything. Can they help? User decides.

B. Is doTERRA as a MLM a dodgy company? My personal opinion is no. Your opinion is what it is. Like asking is XYZ martial art good for self-defense/fighting.

C. I didn't post asking opinions. I asked if anyone else in doTERRA was on this board and could they help me out.

17. Dead_pool

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
    Monkey_Magic likes this.
  18. Dead_pool

To misquote the stones...

You don't always get what you want.... You sometimes get what you need.

Shmook, Smitfire and axelb like this.
  19. Dead_pool

axelb likes this.
  20. campsinger

campsinger Valued Member

Thank you Dr. Phil for you oh-so-expert unsolicited advice.o_O