Doomsday Preppers

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Mike Flanagan, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Mike Flanagan

Mike Flanagan Valued Member

on Nat Geo channel...

People who make me look normal:)

2. gapjumper

gapjumper Intentionally left blank

Hope for me yet then!

3. jorvik

jorvik Valued Member

The US Debt clock just passed $16 trillion, maybe they are the clever ones:eek:

4. gapjumper

Fiat money, fractional reserve, it's all imaginary numbers...

5. afhuss

afhuss Valued Member

On that show a guy said MREs are great but the military only lets soldiers eat them for up to 21 days consecutively....LOLOL!

6. gapjumper

Better than compo rations...

And I'm pretty sure that that chewing gum had extra additives...

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  7. afhuss

afhuss Valued Member

I'm just laughing at the day limit. I ate that crap for three months. Though I will say Cold Weather MREs are actually really tasty...

8. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

I had my wife send me $3,000 worth of beef jerky, canned fruits and veggies and ramen noodles during a deployment to Afghanistan. I ate like a KING. Most everyone else ate MRE's for 7 months straight. Yummy. It gives a whole new meaning to crapping bricks.

9. Sketco

Sketco Banned Banned

Apparently the Canadian IMPs are better but I've not had the opportunity to personally try them.

10. Ero-Sennin

I've had those a couple times! I wouldn't have had my wife send me anything if we had those, as they are delicious and "real" food. MRE's are pretty much EVERYTHING that ISN"T used in regular food. I'm pretty sure it's illegal to sell that quality of food to the public. They are great for long missions in calorie count though, good luck passing it through your butt though.

11. afhuss

afhuss Valued Member

The freeze dried Cold Weather MREs are tasty but being freeze dried (requiring water to activate and make edible), they really don't lend themselves to taking on patrol. When you're already packing water for a four day patrol, that extra water used for CW MREs is a little too much...but they are great when you are living in your coil...

12. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

Or you could just build a stronger society that hangs together in a time of trouble.

The Bear.

13. Razgriz

Razgriz Valued Member

You make me sick......

14. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

I know it's a horrible commie idea.

The Bear.

15. NinjaPlease

NinjaPlease Ninjas always say Please.

Hahahahaha. :D

16. Sketco

Sketco Banned Banned

Well there are civilian MREs available. I bought a case through costco actually. Not too bad.

17. Ero-Sennin

What was in it? Some Spaghettioes, a fiber one bar with a fruit cup (including exactly 2 fake cherries)?

18. Sketco

Sketco Banned Banned

19. Ero-Sennin

Oh, it looks like regular MRE's from good ol' Mericuh. I should have jacked 20 boxes before I got out. Civilians pay crazy money for those things. Some guys made extra money doing that, selling each one for $15. Multiply that by 10 and that's an extra $150! You could be a troll and sell all Veggie Omelets to the ignorant : P!

20. Bigmikey

Bigmikey Internet Pacifist.

Those look like military ones to me. My colon still recognizes them.