Don't Be That Guy at the Gym

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Seventh, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Seventh

Seventh Super Sexy Sushi Time

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-91_iXATY8&feature=g-all-u&context=G2da9102FAAAAAAAAHAA"]Don't Be That Guy at the Gym - YouTube[/ame]

2. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

i think this should be called: Stages of Gym Going.

3. Princess Haru

Princess Haru Valued Member

Everyone was a noob for a while. Nobody failing on the bench without a spotter or doing a half squat though ;)

4. caveman

caveman Threadkiller

Or getting trapped under the leg press. Which I heard happened to someone once...

5. Hatamoto

Hatamoto Beardy Man Kenobi Supporter

lmao at the showoff, if only they were that entertaining in real life :p

6. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

comedy gold. :D

7. Princess Haru

OMG there's a whole genre of these :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnstNnqYp2M&feature=channel&list=UL"]Gym Rats - Don't be That Guy - YouTube[/ame]

Today is chest day (oOoo Errr) LOL
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPfbXMW1vGQ&feature=related"]A Dozen Gym No-No's - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScEKYCUL6W4&feature=related"]10 Guys You See At The Gym - YouTube[/ame]

8. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Own up....which ones are you?

I'm somewhere between Noob and Seizure bloke

9. Seventh

Seventh Super Sexy Sushi Time

I'm definitely the face, notably the blowfish and the seizure.

10. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

At one of the base gyms for the Marine Corps a guy had put WAY too much weight on the leg press and pretty much did the equivalent of ripping his entire knee in half. A couple of my buddies were at the gym when it happened and said he just kept screaming to get the weight off of him. Thank god for safety stops : P. Paramedics showed up to take him away and everything. Crazy stuff the gym can be when you go in not knowing a darn thing.

11. Ero-Sennin

I would say I'm the closest to the meat head. I don't do the supplements in the gym bit though, nor do I scream or slam the weights. I'm more of a meathead against other meat heads. I've shoulder checked a few meatheads into the dumbbell rack who thought they were too big to get out of my way, and I get seriously ticked off at people who use the machines us meatheads do (like the squat rack) for exercises that the machine/equipment aren't meant for, or are doing a pathetic amount of weight and are holding up my own workout : P.

12. Falcord

Falcord Valued Member

I'm definitely the noob. But mostly in an insecurity way.

I don't think I do the exercises wrong but I'm always obsessing about it. If I see someone doing it slightly different, I freak out.

13. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

Probably mostly meathead with a bit of coach.

14. Princess Haru

:pI thought the meathead guy was hott

I do the blowfish and seizure sometimes, on heavy dumbbell stuff and max effort squats, and some grunts and screams even, it's not pretty. I haven't thrown up yet.

I haven't (intentionally) shoulder checked anyone at the gym but have when out on a run. This pavement is mine bitch!:bang:

15. seiken steve

seiken steve golden member

I can shout and ball through a set and before, not because I care about people looking but I'm a bit mental and I find it helps :)

I train in the gym outside of opening hours so I'm not sure who's attention I'd be trying to gain.

16. Ero-Sennin

I think if you're big as hell, or you are doing a considerably intense routine that most people wouldn't be able to complete, then you earn the right to yell so loud you almost bring the gym down. You also earn the right to wear ridiculous clothing.

17. seiken steve

Haha unfortunately I'm neither, but if I'm working at or near my limit it's just as much stress as someone stronger/bigger working near theirs. So I justify the banana pants and singing :p

18. Ero-Sennin

Taking your avatar into account, I feel comfortable making the statement that you probably do exercise routines that many people in the gym are not capable of doing physically, or technically.

I think people who are doing exercises/routines that clearly show technical ability, implying a personal pursuit of education in exercise and application, and are at their limits thus resulting in grunts, groans, weird clothing that makes such an endeavor more comfortable, are covered under previous definition of acceptable behavior terms in conjunction with their current fitness level.

19. seiken steve

Well that was a lovely ego boost, thanks buddy. Feel free to check out my log on here is your always that nice! Also might have to actually buy some banana pants now, they look so comfortable

20. John R. Gambit

John R. Gambit The 'Rona Wrangler

I'm this guy:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEUDNoMhD0U"]Swollen At The Gym - YouTube[/ame]