Donations

Discussion in 'Suggestions, Problems and Tests' started by john yates, Mar 24, 2006.

1. john yates

john yates Valued Member

The map is looking for donations of the people who use it this is voluntary, are these donations once and year, quarterly ,monthly, can you enlighten on this.
    If you make a donation will this guarantee that you will not have problems logging onto the map.

Thank you

2. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

It is voluntary, and the subscriptions last for one year. £10 to help keep the site running for a year is nowt to most people.

Unfortunately not. The server load errors affect us all.

However, you do get more goodies to play with (as in this thread) and there will probably be subscribers only things when we get round to upgrading the forum software :)

3. AuntiePink

AuntiePink Naughty Member

Oi! I resemble that remark ;)

4. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

:-(

Sadly only in our fantasies not in person.....

5. New Guy

New Guy I am NEW.

Tried it just then, but paypal says, "This recipient is currently unable to receive money."

6. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

You tried playing with Auntie Pink? :confused:

7. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Uh oh... I thought it had gone quiet on the donations front.

Try again, I've been on the phone to Paypal and they should have sorted it. I spoke to a very friendly Irish woman called Samina :D

8. New Guy

New Guy I am NEW.

Gone quite on donation front? What does that mean?

9. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Quite.. quiet... *shrug*. Activity had ceased in other words.

I get an email when people donate. The last couple of days I haven't had any, and I normally get at least one or two a day. I figured it was down to a plateu, but Paypal froze the account for some reason they wouldn't diviluge to me (other than saying "security").

Its all working again now though.

10. New Guy

New Guy I am NEW.

People probably couldn't do it because of paypal and didn't bother to report it?

11. New Guy

New Guy I am NEW.

Anyway, where's my badge? :p

12. thepunisher

thepunisher Banned Banned

Wait, did you receive my donation over 20 pds. I send to you saz ? Or was there a problem also ?

Christian

13. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Yeah, we got that. Thanks Christian.

Its only been affecting donations since Wednesday, and it would have stopped them being sent at all.

14. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

There :p

15. Flipper

Flipper Banned Banned

Image removed - Freeform

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2006
  16. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

What happens if you donate more than a tenner? Do you become even 'eliter'? :confused:

17. Jesh

Jesh Dutch Side Of The Force

You'll become the King Of MAP... otherwise known as the Exalted Ruler of Martial Arts Planet...

You'll get a shiny badge that says "Pwner", and on every post a button will appear that says "pwn this post". If you do not like it, you can delete it.

Oh yeah, and all members have to praise you in the first line of their post, or else they'll be auto-banned.

:D

18. AuntiePink

AuntiePink Naughty Member

What, like a global mod?

*Pinky ducks and runs*

19. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Not at the moment... hopefully later on there's be levels of supporting member. both lower and higher than there currently is.

20. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

Surely you mean l33t?