Dojo Building

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by bakufu, Nov 12, 2012.

1. bakufu

bakufu Valued Member

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right topic area, but it looked as good as any.

I'm looking to build a small backyard dojo in the Japanese style (including a spring floor), and was wondering if there were any good plans/tutorials/articles online that any of you would recommend.

Google searching has turned up some decent information, but I am just looking to gather any other helpful info I can find. My father is a life-long carpenter, and has a full workshop, so the woodcraft shouldn't be an issue. Mainly, just looking for some good details/examples online.

Thanks in advance.

2. ITaikido

ITaikido Valued Member

3. philosoraptor

philosoraptor carnivore in a top hat Supporter

Can I come fight you on it when you're done? No really, this is awesome. No advice, just here for when you start posting pics :D

4. bakufu

bakufu Valued Member

Thanks for the link Itaikido.

Philosoraptor (great name, by the way), I will definitely post progress pics if I can pull this off. First things first, I need to fence in the yard and check the city requirements for structure height and permits and whatnot.

Will be a long term project, for sure.

5. Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester Valued Member

6. bakufu

bakufu Valued Member

Thanks for the links Dean. Much appreciated!

7. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

8. Pop Alexandra

Pop Alexandra New Member

Looking great. It was one of my dreams to build a dojo near my house, but taking into account that I don't even have the house yet, probably in the next 20 years. :))

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2017