Dog fighting

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by FunnyBadger, Nov 21, 2014.

1. FunnyBadger

FunnyBadger I love food :)

So I am staying at my parents house at the moment and between us there are 4 dogs running around. Inevitably there are a few arguments between some of the dogs.

This led my step dad to bring up the idea of a dog fighting play station game. Don't get me wrong neither me nor my step dad actualy want such a thing it's just a tangent the conversation went down.

On a serious note though why is ok to have games where people run around killing eachother but it's wrong to do something similar with animals? That's me assuming/hoping that such games don't exist.

2. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

3. FunnyBadger

FunnyBadger I love food :)

Not quite the angle I was aiming for but full marks for lateral thinking lol :)

4. Mangosteen

Mangosteen Hold strong not

its basically a dog fighting game for children and hardly anyone is bothered

5. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

People like animals too much. How many films are there where zero cares are given for the human deaths but the doggy or horsie dies and everyone's sad?

I don't think there's any real moral reason behind there not being that sort of game though. It'd be a bad investment is all. Dog's Life had some fighting in it though I think

6. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

What's bizarre is that dog fighting is very like MMA and/or boxing (there are many rules for example) and has far less death in it than people realise.
    Don't get me wrong...it's a horrible, horrible practice that should quite rightlu be banned but the aim of dog fighting is not for one dog to kill the other.
    Quite honestly I think there's more cruelty in fox hunting than there is in dog fighting (so long as it is done to the rules).*

*I know far too much about dog fighting. :(

7. khuang85

khuang85 New Member

I detest dog fighting and I believe Michael Vick should have been banned from playing football for life much like how Pete Rose is banned from baseball. I think the NFL is even worse and has no real morals as it appears that being an openly gay player is MUCH worse than an animal abuser and killer or a wife beater. Seriously? Why would people get outraged when Ray Rice was suspended even longer than initially given? The guy is a horrible person for knocking out a woman on video! But Vick is a total monster if you ask me. People keep telling me to "give Vick a second chance" and "he's changed." Yeah right. People say that about sex offenders all the time and many often commit the same crimes again although they become even MORE secretive about their acts and cover their tracks even more. And has the NFL given Micheal Sam a chance to play in a major game? Noooooooooo. People say that Sam was never good. That is total BS. I'm sorry but it is. If Sam wasn't "good" then why was he in one of the firts rounds of draft picks before coming out? And isn't it funny how he dropped so far down in the pick AFTER he came out? I have never liked football to begin with and Sam WOULD have given me ONE sole reason to watch it but now the League has blown their ONLYT chance of me actually enjoying the game due to their homophobia and stupidity for allowing a convicted dog killer and several wife beaters to continue to play and not let an openly gay player have a fair chance in the league.

8. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Vile sport.