Does this looks like a dodgy deal?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by flaming, Jan 7, 2012.

1. flaming

flaming Valued Member

2. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Hmmm... the HKTDC is a legit site run by obviously the Hong Kong Trade Development Council... however...

Indonesia is blacklisted by a ton of different companies and online services because credit card fraud and shipping fraud are so rampant there. Many companies flat out won't ship there. Corruption is endemic unfortunately. I've dealt with it on many levels when working on film crews there... ugh.... everyone from the cop on the street to the soldiers in the airports. Do a quick search about online fraud with items shipped from Indonesia. You'll come back with thousands of hits and horror stories. If it sounds too good to be true... then it probably is.

I think you really have to look very, very carefully about how your paying and what is shipped etc. You have zero legal recourse if anything screws up on the Indo side. To give you an example... Indonesia in terms of online/shipping and credit card fraud ranks up there with Nigeria. It doesn't get any riskier.

FWIW - hit them up about their terms for shipping FOB to your area. I'd be real curious to see what sort of terms they have. That right there will start to suss out how many ways the plan on screwing you. My guess is the demand payment in full prior to shipping and that they want it done via Western Union or private Indo bank. Both of which you have zero recourse to regain your funds once they have it and don't ship you a thing.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  3. flaming

flaming Valued Member

I can't risk that much money. Thanks slip.

4. slipthejab

Yeah most people can't... drop him a line and let him know you're interested in his minimum order (30 pieces right?) and ask him what his terms are... just will be curious to see what he sends you for payment terms.

5. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Give him my email.:confused: I think I would be hacked or something. Im lumping Indonesia with Nigeria now.

6. slipthejab

I've already hacked your email and sent him a message. I've got a trace and surveillance script on the account now... so if he hacks into it from Indonesia I'll know straight away and let you know. No big deal. You're good. If you're worried about banking details etc. got that covered as well... I'll transfer all the money from your accounts to mine since I've hacked those as well and because my accounts are secure no chance he can access them.

:p

I jest! I jest!

7. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

MAP does not endorse this behaviour, however a small donation will buy our silence. :)

8. slipthejab

I'm sure flaming won't mind... turns out he's abso-freakin-lutely minted. Jeebus. :p

9. flaming

flaming Valued Member

Considering the amount of time I spend on a computer I know so little about hacking.

10. slipthejab

ahahah... naw man I'm just kiddin' (obviously!). Hacking requires far too much patience for me to do more than follow the odd story here and in 2100 mag. :p

11. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

Also, being hacked by Slip would be so obvious:

YOUVEBEENHACKEDBY: MRTHEJAB

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

;)