Does Fornication deplete Chi?

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by Student 0f Life, Mar 7, 2007.

1. jkzorya

jkzorya Moved on by request

This is true, actually. Studies done to measure animal intelligence (although completely humancentric, and only designed to pick up on human-like intelligence) have shown intelligence levels equivalent to humans in primates, rodents, parrots, dolphins etc. There really is a broad spectrum of intelligence among human beings and some individual animals really would come out ahead of some individual people. I like animals - they're less weird than people. :)

2. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

I think that's a bit off... maybe like a human baby but not a fully developed human. The simplest thing I can think of is that I can think that shows the difference clearly is that no animal could ever, ever understand that the world is a circle yet this is something we expect human children to pick up as a fact fairly early in life.

I'm not trying to deingrate animals afterall we are animals! It's just not try that any animal comes close to us in comparable intelligence.

3. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

A circle is two dimensional, the world isn't.. Even my kitten Lucy knows that!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  4. jkzorya

Hi CKava, well not babies, but 6 year old children. I think they are starting to recognise that the ability to process information in a human like way can be very high in animals. They would probably stop at six because a seven year old child is considered to have an almost fully formed brain at least in terms of the foundations being laid. Not all people are as intelligent as the average six year old child, not that it matters in any way - everyone should have the same rights to the best quality of life possible, but I'd also extend those rights to animals. :) That's not really on topic though.

5. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

LOL! Very good point cloudhandz! Seems your kitten has defeated me... and damn you 'spheres' you win again!

EDIT: Though mind you a 2D representation of a sphere is a circle, the kind of thing we show kids in books... but then all those books do tend to point out its a sphere. Nope still wrong! :D

Last edited: Apr 30, 2007
  6. cloudz

cloudz Valued Member

.... she's not started kittygarden yet either. :)

7. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

Oh, I know you aren't like other people here; you are a troll. It would behoove you to either back up your argument or shut up.

Well that explains a lot. :rolleyes: Most of what he wrote was just common sense courtesy. But the hilarious part is that you feel the need to comment on a book that was used as a sarcastic reference to your own obtuse behavior.

You called them dogs to be insulting; as far as intelligence goes you don't seem to have it on any level.

Kung fu men, are what everyone laughingly refers to the actors in B-grade martial art movies as.

Here we go again: First learn what kung fu means, you sound like a total fool. Who is this we? Do you have an octopus in your pants? As much as I enjoy Asian culture and martial arts I have to say that China does not live up to the mold you are trying to cast. I think of China as the Eddie Van Halen of the movement to civilization: Started off very progressive, innovative, revolutionized the approach, but fell into a rut and became stagnant.

Here's a reality beat down for you: Your unmitigated gall shows you as the ignorant little simpleton you are. Go roleplay "Kung Fu" master somewhere else. If you want respect stop trolling, stop pretending to be something you aren't. I can see right through you, I've seen hundreds like you on message boards over the years.

To use your own terms a "kung fu" man would have given a good argument to back up his position or admitted "well maybe my knowledge of the subject is lacking". Instead, you refused to answer poignant questions, attacked members and staff all while trying to play omnipotent kung fu master. Then you have the gall to be upset because the staff has not rescued you from the hole you dug for yourself.

I view him as an important contributor to the forum and would bet there are many here that would agree. How they view you is a whole different story; if the bridge fits, get under it, troll.

Some online communities tolerate trolling; this isn't one of them.

Because trolls are not welcome here: We tar and feather them before running them out of town.

Yup, cause that guy was yelling "Come on, I can take you".

Why would we protect someone that comes to disrupt a forum? What you are doing is like walking into a pub where a group has gathered and peeing on the bar. Your actions have been arrogant, ignorant, and obtuse.

I've disagreed with plenty of people here on various subjects and still do, some have been very heated disagreements, however those were real people expressing their honest opinions and right or wrong I can respect that. You on the other hand have been trying to make yourself out to be the re-incarnation of Bodhidharma; relentlessly spewing condescending nonsense to the readers of this forum.

Pull the fortune cookie out of your butt! Loose the attitude and show some proof that sexual activity is harmful or at least give a convincing argument. If you can't manage that go to the old standby of: "Well that's my opinion" and sign off. Better yet, just sign off.

Keep harping on how the "mods won't protect you" and I'll petition them to change your screen name to themenstrualcycle.

Now you are lying, contradicting what you said a few paragraphs ago and acting weak. If you are going to act like a jerk, then act like a jerk; "I think you are weak, but I mean that in the nicest possible way.", is not only insulting, it is spineless and non-committal too.

You are about as hard as a ten second egg and spare us your generalizations about Chinese people.
    Knock off the pretentious smoke screen and address the topic or go away!

:ban:

8. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

Mr. Cullen YOU are the man!

The Bear.

9. Banditshaw

Banditshaw El Bandido

In other words.......PWND!

10. TheMightyMcClaw

TheMightyMcClaw Dashing Space Pirate

How could I have missed this for so long? This is an amazing thread....

Now, as for the arguments as to how sex is bad for you, I made a number of observations:

1. The comparison of Sting and Ron Jeremy to show that semen retention is good for you and sex is bad for you reminded me of the linkage between Sea Piracy and Global Warming. As we all know, over the last two hundred years, there was has been a substantial decrease in sea piracy and an increase in global temperatures. Thus, we can only conclude that pirates are a global cooling mechanism.

2. Thecycle's comments on how "having sex the wrong way" is bad for you are childish, homophobic, and ridiculous at the same time. You have homosexuality is somehow worse for your health than heterosexuality. Please, I implore you, show me some rational evidence for this.

3. Of the same poster, you attitude towards the other posters shows his own ego issues. You have come to our community making outrageous claims, and then you become angry and insult us by calling our members uneducated, dogs, etc. when we do not agree with you. You claim that if we were knowledgeable, we would agree with you. I wish to know, then, what your education credentials are regarding medicine and sinology: Are you a doctor? Do you have a degree in biology? Have you lived extensively in China?

11. piratebrido

piratebrido internet tough guy

So did anyone actually try and stop pumping to see if it improved their tai chi. Though it doesn't count if you do form and practice during the time you would have been pumping.

12. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

If anyone male is really that bothered about the effects of pumping on their taiji, try this, see how long you can hold mabu before and after pumping :D . Though, I bet no one tells us the results. ;)

13. jkzorya

This is a seriously gross thread.

14. inthespirit

inthespirit ignant

Lets just hope no one posts any pictures. :D

15. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

I had my kid, which pretty much humped my sex life and my Tai chi.
    So having children is bad for you too.

The Bear.

16. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

This may be a personal question but what was your wife doing when YOU had the kid, and was the birth filmed???? :D

regards koyo

17. Polar Bear

Polar Bear Moved on

No, no film, it's a polar bear thing.

The Bear.

18. piratebrido

piratebrido internet tough guy

Okay new question: Do kids deplete Qi?

19. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

No...your wallet. :D

Seriously...they deplete a lot of Qi from the mother. :( :woo: