Does anyone use technology in his or her training?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by MyFitteLife Ninja, Aug 11, 2022.

?

Would you use this?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. MyFitteLife Ninja

MyFitteLife Ninja New Member

I am interested to see if anyone uses technology to improve his or her training or to gamify a martial arts class if you are an instructor. Would anyone be interested in using this?

Link removed.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2022
  2. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

I'm afraid we don't allow advertising on MAP.

Please contact me if you'd like to place a commercial advert.

3. MyFitteLife Ninja

Technically it’s not for sale yet but I get your point. I was trying to gauge interest from your community. Thanks

4. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Mod Note: Greetings, actually technically, whether or not it is for sale yet, it still breaks our Terms of Service. If you use MAP to direct traffic to another site, even a site that never intends to be for profit, it is only fair to ask you to help with the costs of keeping this forum running. This forum is not run to make money, but to provide a community and outlet for those of us passionate about martial arts.

Especially when someone seems to be solely using MAP just for the purpose of directiong people to their own endeavors (for profit or not) and not becoming a member of OUR community. (I can't help but notice you separate yourself by saying "your" community.) You are certainly welcome to become a part of OUR community though.

Our Terms of service can be found by clicking on the Terms and Rules button on the bottom right hand corner of every page. I will remind you that you agreed to follow them when you signed up for this forum.:)

Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
  5. MyFitteLife Ninja

Thank you for the explanation. “My”instead of “8our” was because as a new member I felt it presumptuous to say our. I plan on posting and responding to other posts soon. My interest is exploring and validating many of the long held beliefs in MA that could not be tested before. My next video will explore the 1” punch using the Sensor in the video to determine how much force it generates. I will of course let you decide if this violates your terms of use. If it does perhaps some clarification on how I can avoid that and still cover this and other similar topics. I value the feedback from the MA community

6. aaradia

aaradia Choy Li Fut and Yang Tai Chi Chuan Student Moderator Supporter

Sure.

MAP is a place for martial arts related discussion, here on MAP. So, write your posts with the intention to generate discussion here. Be open to and respond to discussion points brought up by members. This includes well intentioned critiques that are critical in nature. There are a lot of experienced martial artist on here, including a lot of instructors. All too often, you will see people in your position post on here, but after they post, they don't respond to the discussion that takes place. Then, mods can only surmise that they used MAP to promote their product, idea, etc.

Our policy is also that video clips are also used to illustrate discussion. Youtube exists for people to post merely post videos. So, videos must be accompanied by discussion points more detailed than things like "check this out" or "this is cool" or something similar.

This supplemental "forum rules" listowner Simon wrote up will help clarify things, particularly with regards to posting video links.
    https://www.martialartsplanet.com/threads/forum-rules.127068/

It also helps if we see you actually participating fully on MAP, not just the thread with your product as the theme. And not finding ways to use other threads interject your product into the conversation. If you peruse MAP's older threads, you will see what I mean.

And remember, as one of our Listowners (Simon) mentioned, you can approach your product from a more advertising perspective is you wish. But you will need to contact him or our other listowner (Mitch) for advertising rates.

I hope to see you posting and becoming a member of our community here. :)