Does anyone still take Frank Dux seriously?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Jocky Balboa, Dec 9, 2008.

1. LCC

LCC Valued Member

The "journalist" conducting the interview is a twenty something guy, who after nine years of informal training and some SERIOUS research, has gone off and invented his very own martial arts system. Um... obviously the only people who take frauds seriously are frauds themselves.

2. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

I wasn't aware that anybody had ever taken him especially seriously. My folks got me the audiobook of his title "The Secret Man." It's kinda ludicrous. And by "kinda," I mean "completely."

3. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Only for a good laugh.....

4. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

I take frank dux seriously, Avianraptor. He's a very serious headcase :)

5. Jocky Balboa

Jocky Balboa Valued Member

Frank Dux is comedy gold. :cool:

6. ChangNam

ChangNam Valued Member

seriously or not i really not have a answer to that.. But i was a big fan of him. Not only from Bloodsport. But from many other movies. Forx Kickboxer 1,The Quest and many others. I think him have done a good job.

7. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

You're a big fan of Frank Dux? Or Jean Claude Van Damme?

Van Damme is a more complicated answer for me than Dux is. Van Damme was a hero to me in the 80s and early 90s, a joke for a while after that, and a pleasant surprise in later work like JCVD.

Dux has been much more reliably awful.

8. Jocky Balboa

9. KAMAU

KAMAU innocent bystander

good on you for the bump jocky:cool:

didnt realize dux was full of sh**8 thats really spoilt fond memories of bloodsport....one il stick under the science fiction dept by all accounts

10. Jocky Balboa

I thought it was a good film when I was a kid, but then I realised it was based on such BS, so the illusion was shattered... I stick to Kickboxer and Universal Soldier instead.

11. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Valued Member

I don't know if this has been mentioned already or if this is possible with whatever Dux has said but surely a recognised martial artist of a similar age could simply challenge him to either spar or a duel and see the outcome if he was truly as talented as he claims he would at least show signs of this skill but for it to be even plausible to me he would have completely destroy this individual.

As a side note until I read this thread and the Wiki page I thought Bloodsport was classic Van Damme fiction, Is someone going to say kickboxer is real as well now?
    Still a good film though :D

12. Jocky Balboa

Wouldn't happen, because Dux is so deadly, he'd kill any-comers with minimum effort. ;)

13. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Valued Member

Do you mean nobody will or he refuses to?

14. Jocky Balboa

I've no idea. Maybe the journalist who did the huge two-part feature on him in MAI magazine 2yrs ago can shed some light?

15. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Zane Frazier spanked him around UFC 1...as he then went on tinkles to Kevin Rosier in a nappy I think that is revealing about Dux

16. Jocky Balboa

Got any links?

17. Hannibal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zane_Frazier

Although largely conjecture, it is said that Art Davie witnessed the fight and that was what prompted him to invite Frazier to UFC 1. The other view is Frazier's fight with DUx was HEARD of by Davie.

Either way Frazier himself has always downplayed it as "no big deal". If memory serves he stated that Dux tried to sucker punch him and Frazier dealt with him pretty quickly.

18. Jocky Balboa

OMG, that cannot be true! I thought Dux was invincible! He was trained by the Demigod Tanaka, don't you know?

lol

19. Hannibal

Yeah and the Millenium Falcon can make the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs...lol

20. Jocky Balboa

Incidentally, if it wasn't some fabled Japanese Master like Tanaka who trained Dux, then where did he learn his MA and with who?