Does anyone have any " Fred Villari" clips?

Discussion in 'Kenpo' started by shaolinmonkmark, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Gufbal1981

Gufbal1981 waiting to train...

I'm not really a Kenpo chick anymore. I'm training more in unofficial BJJ classes now than anything.

2. KempoFist

KempoFist Attention Whore

[​IMG]

3. Gufbal1981

Hehehe...thanks.

4. Nuck Chorris

Nuck Chorris I prefer North South

BJJ chicks are more sexy than the Ke?po alternative. Scorpios shouldn't get with other Scorpios though. It is a bad combo. That doesn't mean that we can't "meet" though - wink wink nudge nudge. You need to be with a Virgo. It helps to balance you out.

My daughter is a Virgo
    My wife is a Virgo
    and my mom is a Virgo

The fricking anal retention is TIGHT in the women in my family. I want to conquer the world...they want to clean it.

5. Gufbal1981

Wait...which month is virgo? If that's the beginning of September then no way. My dad and ex are those...no work for me.

6. Rebel Wado

Rebel Wado Valued Member

I can't pass this up: http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/dating/

Enjoy ;)

7. Gufbal1981

8. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

He was only awarded a white belt (He thinks that when he was given one it was "awarded" but don't tell him it just came with the uniform)

9. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

No, I know all about it. It is others that seem to be confused.

:rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2007
  10. KempoFist

So how about it Gary.....there's some offers on the table.....want that faux-legitimacy that you've been searching for? You can be like all the other cool kids and have a meaningless belt, BUT yours will be MUCH cheaper and you won't have to engage in ritualistic masturbation to achieve it! How can ya pass this up!?

11. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Jim,
    This is not the first time I have been offered belts, and it probably won't be the last. But as a friend of mine said years ago, you have to walk the path alone, and do what you feel is correct.

I'll say this, many are well earned and should be respected. While there are many more, that probably are suspect. To many in high places are not worthy of the rank, they created for themselves in my opinion.

I believe I mentioned it once before, I wore a black belt for years and got paid good for it and still receive a pension. That is all I need. Thanks anyway.

Gary

12. KempoFist

If I read that right, then THIS is NOT the same kind of black belt! [​IMG]

No Kanji = Not real Black Belt

13. DAnjo

DAnjo Valued Member

I think it was this one:

*picture removed by Topic Moderator*

Knock off the silly child antics already.....

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2007
  14. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

15. Gufbal1981

I'm sorry...maybe I'm confused...but doesn't a white belt come with the uniform when you buy it?

16. KempoFist

Some schools make you earn your white belt. Most don't.

17. Gufbal1981

I sometimes made little kids earn their white belt, but that's a sign up ploy...

18. BGile

BGile Banned Banned

Hi,
    Some do and some don't. If you look around you will find the uniforms that are now given away as an incentive, it may be that way.

I am sure, if people who were not there or who are not old enough to know what was going on at that particular date and time should be so consumed with the topic.

Marketing, is the key it seems. I notice that most schools now are into the training of children and not the adults. Percentage wise it looks very one sided in a lot of schools. I have never attended one of those schools other than to observe my children or grandchildren involved in them.

Most of the schools I have attended are the other way around, many more adults than children. I have not had to purchase many uniforms but the ones I did buy, even long ago were not the cheap and light ones of todays children costumes. They would not hold up to the type of training I was taught in the 50's and 60's, so I never had one of them.

The ones I have now are of similar quality very heavy and they help in the disfusion of the hits that are slappy and not powerful. One who trains with lighter uniforms are probably not use to the quality that I preferred.

They are all pressed and hanging in a closet. Will probably never wear them again. (I do FMA now and it is not a Japanese art)...No patchs just the Gi. I wish I had the money that I have in them it is quite a bit. All the various uniforms I have worn are similar. Quite a collection.

Hope that helps

Regards,
    Gary

19. KGS BBS

KGS BBS Valued Member

True, Jim. SGM. S. George Pesare, you have to earn your white belt. I don't do that as of yet BUT I'm very strict on the yellow belt, a student has to really earn it and I don't even set a time frame either. As a matter of fact, I don't set time frames on any ranking, when it's decided they're ready, then they're ready. It's as simple as that. I'm sure I've lost students because of it but I don't care.

I know of many schools that 'give' the first rank in two weeks and come right out and say that they don't care if the student falls down throwing a kick... plus everything is set on a strict time frame. To each, their own, that's why I'm: #1) independant and #2) don't teach the arts to put food on the table. This way I don't have to compromise myself like that. It's hard enough these days worrying about liability with everyone 'sue crazy'. - Joe

20. Gufbal1981

Yeah, that does. Most studios will cater to children based on the fact that they are the biggest money maker. Think about it...who wants patches on their gis's? Children do! Who wants all the cool looking sparring gear? Children! Who grow up in the martial arts? Children do! Parents buy their children gi's (white, black, blue...whatever), patches, hitech sparring gear, shoes, weapons...you name it. Instructors make a lot of money based on that. Adults buy those things, but on the consistant basis of a child wants it. I at one time had a studio with more kids than adults, and then when I moved to a different dojo, it was totally different. At first, I had more holes in the walls than students, but then after a while, i had more adults than children. It was fun and I prefer it that way.