Does anyone else here really like sparring?

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Infesticon #1, Dec 4, 2003.

1. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

and u know what else i love when fighting at competitions (or sparring at the club)...when my opponent makes a move, misses it, and doesn't make another one. i mean kicks once and stops...that's really stupid...i just love ''punishing'' my opponents then...and it also ruins their self-confidence when i jump in, so to speak, all the time....especially when they try to make a move and i react faster...u just have to love it :) :) :)

2. Bulldog

Bulldog New Member

I love to spar...anyone...any level...There just is no substitute for getting kicked in the head by a yellow belt and seeing the shock in his eyes when he realizes that EVEN black belts (albeit, I wasn't really paying attention! ha ha) can and do get hit...

I would also like to thank whoever invented the protective cup for men...there is nothing more soothing after taking a front kick to the groin -then hearing that sound that only a plastic molded twig and berry shield could make...it sure beats the alternative...

3. neryo_tkd

neryo_tkd Valued Member

wasn't really paying attention????

excuses, excuses.....:D

4. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

Depends. Sparring for me comes after forms, and before step sparring/seld-defence techniques. But we have different types of sparring. There's the regular "go at it for 2 minutes" sparring, which I don't really like, since there's really no goal set. Then there's the 1v2 we do, which is funner, but I still don't really like. And sometimes we do point sparring, where we put on boxing gloves (small ones), and play by the old rules, where a hit anywhere counts as a point. That's my favorite by far. As soon as I hear "Si Jak", I rush the guy, and immediatly score a point. Most people aren't ready yet. :)

PL

5. OdDs

OdDs New Member

Yea i second that, its a pitty in ITF there is only rare occasions we get to do full contact :( Although i suppose its in good reason. But still there is no better thing in going full contact now and then