Does a Ninjutsu background mean koryu teachers won't accept a student?

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by kuoshu, Mar 17, 2007.

1. ScottUK

ScottUK More human than human...

Excellent.

Any backyard samurai we can vent on instead?

2. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

Well there was one, but he is dead now so i thought it best to avoid out of manners.

3. Lord Spooky

Lord Spooky Banned Banned

Bring on Drexter the mighty! :D :D

4. fifthchamber

fifthchamber Valued Member

I see...Not to push this point much further, but if you openly acknowledge not having much experience in Kenjutsu then surely you can't be angry when someone questions your statement about the quality of Kenjutsu clips shown?
    If you know what to look for then it is understandable to be angry that I questioned you..But if you don't why would you be upset that I question what exactly it was you saw in the Brazilian clip?
    If anything you've learnt what good kenjutsu should look like..That's always a good thing.
    My regards.

5. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

I'm always quite happy to admit what i don't know, to say otherwise is foolish.

I read the intent rather than the context. I suppose if there had been many replies then your comment would not have stood out to me but hey we live and learn and move forward and learn.

6. Devoken

Devoken On the Path-Off the Rails

Can't really see what saru1968 did wrong there; I re-read the thread and it seems that all he did was express his opinion on which of the posted clips he liked the best, and although I disagree with his a choice with a vengeance he is still absolutely entitled to his opinion. In adition, he admits his inexperience with the art and so it is not to difficult to understand his choice. It also seems that he is making a thoroughly willing effort to engage and learn from the more experienced members on the forum to clarify and understand their opposition to his opinion, which I respect to no end.

7. Kogusoku

Kogusoku 髭また伸びた! Supporter

Yeah but still it was bad manners.

8. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

Fair enough, i know when i'm beat.

Good luck in your training.

9. fifthchamber

fifthchamber Valued Member

Since I seem to have started this let me just say that Gary did nothing wrong at first, he made a comment that expressed his own beliefs, I contradicted those beliefs and stated so. He seemed rather upset that I had. That's all...There is no major blood feud brewing here, and hell, for all the cr&p I've read between Gary and Garth, he's probably close to insanity now..I would be and I only read those posts..
    Let's be honest, Gary's statement was a mistaken one, and once corrected (although slightly too raw perhaps) he has tried to back down, that is appreciated by me, and I hope there are no bad feelings after this post.
    I didn't insult you Gary, merely questioned your judgement...I can see now that you were not perfectly placed to see that, and so I apologise for any misread insult you saw in my post. I would ask you to apologise for your comment as regards me...Until you meet me and we get drunk together I would also suggest that you don't mention my "sort" either...I'm Welsh..We fight for less..But drink for more..So that's it..One apology and all fair.
    Back to the thread after that I guess..

10. Zentenk

Zentenk Valued Member

How can you not join a martial art because you take another? You can't sue them? Why don't you assassinate them or blow up the building like a real ninja would?

11. ScottUK

Wow - MAP has idiots too...

12. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

no...they are called Mods on here!! :D

13. Anth

Anth Daft. Supporter

Ha... ha...

:rolleyes:

14. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

see, they even laugh at jokes about them :D

15. Kogusoku

Yeesh! Someone's for the high-jump! :rolleyes:

16. Kogusoku

I now have this nervous tick in my left eye. It won't go away.

MUST.........NOT..............GRAB....................SHINKEN!!!!!!!!! :bang: :bang: :bang:

17. Rock Ape

Rock Ape Banned Banned

Not in the aikido forum.

18. saru1968

saru1968 New Member

No need to apologise Ben, its forgotten but as you have please accept apologies for my tone and reaction.

I'm Welsh on my mum's side btw(as well as some Irish & English but no Scottish i'm aware of.)

But yes anything you back here i'm only over hills from Wales and getting drunk is always a good option!

19. Kogusoku

My colleagues and I were just talking about this one. What interesting information is being found out.

BTW,

Kuoshu, I am still awaiting a response to the PM I sent you.

Regards.

Last edited: May 25, 2007
  20. ScottUK

Care to share? :)