does 15 years of imaginary training really pay off?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by kensouKOF99, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

ahhh, but the real question is....

what type of bear is best?

2. 19thlohan

19thlohan Beast and the Broadsword

I would say that the earliest techniques were created by people on their own. You can do a lot with shadow boxing but it's always helpful to have a partner to help develop timing. I'm sure even if they didn't have a formal partner they would ask a freind to help them practice something here and there.

3. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

I've watched every Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan movie ever made which must qualify me for some sort of black belt. I also thought really hard about how cool it would be to do that stuff and did some air karate so that probably counts to.

4. m1k3jobs

m1k3jobs Dudeist Priest

Self training in martial arts is every bit as effective as self training in gymnastics or platform diving or parachuting.

It is also as effective as riding an imaginary bicycle.

It is only slightly less effective than larping.

5. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

So I heard that the sky is blue.

6. Zerodauto

Zerodauto Valued Member

The root of all martial arts is imitation. If you wish to test your training go dojo crashing or ask people you may know to spar with you. Sparring with other people allows you to learn them, training by yourself allows to better understand yourself and your limits.

7. daggers

daggers Valued Member

am i missing something? if you spent 15 years sat on your ass imagining you could run 100m in 10 seconds then got pitched against a trained athlete , do you really think youd give him a hard time beating you? it takes muscle memory, muscle training,strength,conditioning, reaction and timing, motor skills that only come with hard training in realistic situations!
    1 v 3 would be a dead cert for 3!! reason.. because 3 has confidence and experience.. while 1 is still thinking "ok 15 years of thinking about this and nows my time to..." bang k.o!! lol

8. daggers

daggers Valued Member

plus id rather get a roughing up for a few seconds than spend 15 years wasting my time imagining about "what if", theres better things to do with precious life.