Dobok Sewing Pattern

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by tkdjunkie, Dec 6, 2005.

1. tkdjunkie

tkdjunkie New Member

As I have recently found that all custom dobok makers have different sizing techniques I've decided to have a go at making a dobok in club colours that will actually fit me.

I take a size 6 TAGB dobok but the size 6 custom one I had made looked like a skin suit.

Sexy as I am :) it didn't do much for me so I had to get a size 7 which now looks like you could hold the TAGB British Championships in it without getting your feet wet :D

Does anyone have or know where I could get a sewing pattern from.

I'm happy to pay or cover costs for postage etc.

Regards

Phil

2. Jamesy

Jamesy Valued Member

Couldn't you just make the size seven smaller?

3. tkdjunkie

tkdjunkie New Member

Possibly...but

I'm also trying something else out with a different fabric which could be beneficial to others if it works.

I'm happy to rip a dobok apart but I'd rather have a pattern so I can make a couple of different sizes.

I'm happy to share any findings if that helps anyone.

If there's any people out there who could help with making a pattern I'd also be grateful.

4. Ren-shi-shin

Ren-shi-shin New Member

5. Qdmasta

Qdmasta Valued Member

Can't really help, but I'm posting just to say I feel your pain. I have trouble finding uniforms as well. I'm pretty stockily built, but average height. Size 5 tops fit okay for me but, since I have disproportionately large thighs/legs, size 5 uniform pants don't work so well. I have to go with a size 6 in pants which are generally for people who are 6'0"-6'3", and I'm only a shade above 5'8". Once I get the pants, I have to get my sharp scissors and neatly cut the bottoms off, as I don't know anyone who can hem them, and I'm not going to spend any more extra money to take them to the clothing alteration store. I usually am limited to buying uniforms that are avaible with separate tops and bottoms. This is a bit more expensive than if I could buy them together, but I don't see any other solution.

6. Ferret

Ferret Valued Member

I have the same problem :(
    Having wide hips and chunky thighs, but a relitivley average top half, average height, means that some park of the suit is either going to be too tight/short or too long.

And sizing differs ALOT between brands. I wish it was possible to buy separates in the brands I enjoy wearing, and buying 2 suits in order to wear one mix n match seems ridiculous to me.

Ho hum.