do you wash your belt?

Discussion in 'Brazilian Jiu Jitsu' started by sprint, May 7, 2007.

1. sprint

sprint Banned Banned

do you ever wash your belt?

i never wash mine. i guess for sentimental reasons. like ive been through a whole lot with my belt. blood, sweat, etc.

its as if im washing away all the powers of my belt.

2. Lily

Lily Valued Member

What MA do you do again?

3. Stevebjj

Stevebjj Grappling Dummy

I don't wash mine because my stripe is tape. If I wash it, my rank will disappear. :)

4. sprint

sprint Banned Banned

bjj baby

5. KempoFist

KempoFist Attention Whore

washing the powers away....I wonder how many styles of martial arts that bull has crept into....50 bucks says that concept was founded by a westerner :rolleyes:

But no I don't wash mine anyway. Don't want it to shrink.

6. Atharel

Atharel Errant

I wash mine. I got an extra long one so shrinkage wouldn't be an issue. Still has a lot of bloodstains that don't want to come out.

7. Oversoul

Oversoul Valued Member

You mean "that" is an actual "concept." As in people actually go around claiming that?

8. KempoFist

KempoFist Attention Whore

Concept was a wrong word. "Superstition" would have been a better word. It's one of those things like people not walking under ladders or throwing salt over their shoulder.

9. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Yes, unfortunately, yes. :cry:

I've washed my white belt several times over the years. It looked dirty. I wear it more than I wear my colored belts. I've never washed my colored belts. They never looked dirty.

10. Lily

Lily Valued Member

I'm outraged, you chauvinist! :woo:

Wash your belt and stop being such a chicken.

11. Cosmo Kramer

Cosmo Kramer Valued Member

when i first got back into TKD a BB student told me how he never washes his belt because a former teacher said that it should represent all your hard work, so you want to keep the sweat on it and not wash it. stupid me decided that was a good idea at the time. i have moved on from it, but i would say i almost never wash my belt because they do not get really dirty, they do get some sweat on em but nothing real bad, all the sweat sticks to my uniform or my undershirt

12. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

Yeah dude...listen to the chick ;) Do as you are told.....:D

13. Alansmurf

Alansmurf Aspire to Inspire before you Expire Supporter

Let the chick wash the belt !!! :D :D :D :D

awaits the fall out!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

14. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

And she'll do it if she knows whats good for her :D :p

15. Gufbal1981

Gufbal1981 waiting to train...

I never washed my belt. I like it dirty :D

16. bonita

bonita Valued Member

i like all the sweat marks on my belt especially my black belt looks very cool

17. Sam

Sam Absent-ish member

I've had my current belt for six years and I haven't washed it, febreezed it yes. I dread to think what diseases lurk in it.

18. streetology

streetology New Member

you are never to wash your belt even in ancient japan there was only one belt white and over the years it turned black due to constant sweat from training the rank concept came from the western world

19. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Yum :love:

I never wash my belt. It's leather, so why bother?

20. Gufbal1981

Gufbal1981 waiting to train...

Hehehe. leather belts aren't good to wash...they fall apart tooo fast. Cloth belts though...hehehehe. dirty is the way to be! :love: