do you truly believe that Koscheck can beat GSP?

Discussion in 'Fight Discussions' started by roninmaster, Dec 7, 2010.

?

Do you truly believe Koscheck will beat GSP

1. yes

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    71.4%
  3. If there is a miracle...

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  1. roninmaster

roninmaster be like water

i just don't have really much faith in Koscheck. i know his wrestling is pretty good, especially from his last fight against that guy who sucker punched him in the face. (i forget his name)

However even still that was not a very impressive fight. especially with him doing dirty tricks like pretending to be hit in the eye with a knee. That just shows lack of respect and unfairness.

He has a good fight record, dont get me wrong, but its nothing very impressive against to many amazing champion level opponents. besided possibly diago sanchez. Combine that with all the BS he has been talking, as well as the unstoppable level of preciscion and technique GSP has shown to have in the cage. I just can't see GSP losing to this man. less it be a lucky punch while there standing up. If they are ever standing at all.

does anyone have any compelling arguments as to why koscheck will win?

2. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

I'm the only one to say miracle? This is mma!!

GSP will more than likely win but I'm really hoping the TUF series and the level of competition Koscheck brings will break Pierre out of this Greg Jackson lay and pray crap he's been doing. I love GSP as a fighter but his last few fights have been boring as hell and if this fight goes the same way I'd rather Koscheck knocks him out

3. liero

liero Valued Member

I said no.

However there is always a chance.

But it wont be a miracle. It will be down to Koshcecks training and maybe GSP making a mistake.

4. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

"Can"? Yes.
    "Will"? I doubt it. :)

5. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

uhhh... how does one get sucker punched in a promoted, organized, state sanctioned fight with judges, a ref, corner men and rules!?!?!

lol

6. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Watch the fight slip. The fight ends, Kos thinks Daley is walking up to shake his hand but instead he tries to punch him in the face. The fight had been over abourt 30 seconds by that point. It's a sucker punch alright.

7. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

And here's a gif of that punch. It looks like Kos was more prepared for it than the ref. :)

[​IMG]

8. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

Seeing as how GSP outwrestled the wrestler Koscheck in the last fight, I don't give Kos much of a chance. It would be great to see them stand and have a go for a while. It should be a good fight. The pressure is on both after the TUF show.

9. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Most contact he made in the entire fight.

I think Koscheck can win. He's a lot better than what he was when he went up against GSP last. They know each other quite well now, they fought against each other and been following each other's progress for a while.

I doubt it'll be a slug fest though, I think this is going to be a fight thats fought up against the cage and through the scrambles.

Though people forget GSP did try to finish Hardy via submissions and they were tight, Hardy was quite flexible and lucky that GSP didnt torque that keylock more to another angle.

Kos has improved his striking and his abilities in general and we all know about his wrestling background, so that should be null and voided.

I think......GSP by Decision and at least 1 phantom "I been kicked in the head/groin while i been down" by Koscheck.:evil:

In fact, lets make a new poll! How many 'Koschecks' will occur in the fight and when?

10. icefield

icefield Valued Member

yep and it was thrown because of some less than flattering things said about daleys colour and parentage

11. icefield

icefield Valued Member

GSP is too good a wrestler for koscheck, he is the best wrestler at that weight in the ufc (remember what he did to hughes), and he will take him down and G and P him,

12. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Really? That's the first time I've heard race mentioned in relation to this.
    Given that Kos appears to be mixed race himself (as far as I can tell) it'd be a pretty hard thing for him to rag on Daley about.
    For sure he was trash talking Daley throughout but I don't think race came into it.

13. icefield

icefield Valued Member

it was a passing remark from guys who know daley, not sure how much i put into it as i wasnt there at the fight, but i have trained with paul in the past and he is not the kind to throw a punch like that without real reason

14. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

is this fight coming up? when? going to have to watch it.

15. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

This Saturday coming.

16. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Koscheck is going to get taken down and man-raped by GSP.

17. Southpaw535

Mushroom
    Yeah he was lucky GSP didn't snap his arm and the armbar looked brutal but still that was two attempts in a 25 minute fight where he manhandled Hardy. With such superior wrestling it would not have taken much effort on his part at all to go to mount and pound on him but he was content to just ride it out, Jackson's instructions in the corner enforced that when he told GSP to stay in half. I love GSP but I am tired of watching fighters ride out a victory especially when they have the talent that man does and there are other great fighters like couture who could do the exact same thing but they permanatly look for the finish.

18. Pitfighter

Pitfighter Valued Member

http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/12/...white-and-the-power-of-perception-over-reali/

The myth that Greg Jackson's camp is dominated by lay n pray is just that, a myth.

In GSP's case he really has had a tough run against worthy challengers, as any champ should. I don't fault him for failing to finish recently but like everybody I want him to finish more, especially Kos.

Kos is a good fighter but I got on the first row of the hate Kos bandwagon. Aside from wanting to see Kos lose I think GSP's striking is great but overshadowed by his wrestling.

Kos has been knocked out by good strikers most recently Paulo Thiago. Though Kos is ok at striking I don't think its his strong suit.
    Kos wrestling credentials are as good as they say but I think at this point GSP has proven his own wrestling is truly about as good as gets in MMA

GSP all the way!

19. Southpaw535

Meh, all that link really said is I'm wrong to say all his fighters do it but it doesn't mean it doesn't frequently happen with some fighters in his camp.

This however I totally agree with

20. Pitfighter

Pitfighter Valued Member

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Georges-St-Pierre-3500

Well bringing back the focus to GSP and not necessarily Greg Jackson's camp on a whole, I don't really feel like hunting down all the stats for that, GSP has a 65% Finish in his career wins.

Now he has been on a decision streak but I really do think that is primarily due to the caliber of the challengers facing him.