do you think MA would be ?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by freespirit, Mar 20, 2004.

1. freespirit

freespirit spirit of the free

if there was an army of MArtists do you think it would be effective in today's warfare and do you think it would be used ?

2. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

Have you ever even heard of "the gun"?

PL

3. Grifter

Grifter Edited by White Wizard

lol no. An army of MAist would get shot, blown up, or otherwise destoryed.

4. surgingshark

surgingshark Valued Member

Unfortunately, no. Hell, they might not even get out of the barracks without having at least one fight that erupted from someone whispering "My MA is better than your MA!"

5. Shaolin Dragon

Shaolin Dragon Born again martial artist

On the other hand, if the army of MAists were trained to use modern warfare weapons and tactics, then they would presumably be as effective as a regular army, with the added advantage of being unbeatable in close combat.

Would they even need guns when they can just fire balls of chi and shuriken at the enemy?

6. Hapkido

Hapkido New Member

most soldiers dont get into hand to hand combat and its kinda hard to come at a guy with tanfas when hes got an ak-47 :woo:

7. Adam

Adam New Member

If this was the case, Thailand would rule a rather large part of Asia by now.

8. Chris.B

Chris.B New Member

No china would own asia, 10 guys for every one MA. They would just mass us...with millions people.

9. Guy Mendiola

Guy Mendiola New Member

Yeah, Gun Kata. :woo:

10. Grifter

Grifter Edited by White Wizard

11. Kris H

Kris H New Member

A good quote i got from one of the Corporals when i went to army base with a friend for work experience in yr 10.

Us: Do you get any unarmed comabt training or stuff like that
    Corporal: Not really, a few guys have done it.
    Us: Why don't you get trained in it, wouldn't it be helpful?
    Corporal: Well, If you got into a situation where it was, you would have to ask yourself, "what the f*** was i doing when he was still 200 meters away?'

12. Andy Murray

Andy Murray Sadly passed away. Rest In Peace.

They'd kill each other over a trivial arguement long before they saw battle. :p

13. johndoch

johndoch upurs

???

I've always thought "Martial" encompassed all aspects of combat

14. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

In that case, those are the only types of armies we have.

Exactly. They teach you like stomps and how to just kill the guy. Why go to the ground with the guy or get him in a lock, when you can simply kill him?

PL

15. Dark Blade

Dark Blade It Roundhouse time

No! Beaten to the Chi joke!

Even so, the fact still remains, our collective chi would be so power powerful, they wouldn't want to kill us, then, that night, we kill them in their sleep.

But to seriously answer the question, an army of MAs wouldn't get very far, assuming the enemy armies had firearms, bombs, and such things.

16. Kwan Jang

Kwan Jang Valued Member

-The US Marine Corp has begun a MA training program as ongoing training for all marines. The Navy SEAL teams have now instituted Fran Cuchi's LYNXX system(combining muay thai, escrima/kali, BJJ, and jeet kune do) as their standard hand-to-hand and close quarters combat training.
    -This is not as a substitute for firearms, but both for discipline and self-development of the troops and to make them better trained for close quarter combat. Of course there is also the Isreali's use of krav maga for their defense forces. Nowdays, a lot of military ops are now taking a lot of tatics and elements from from SWAT teams since a lot of ops now are more of police-type actions.