Do you carry Weapons?

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by killbill, Apr 20, 2004.

1. killbill

killbill New Member

What do you carry and why? If you don't carry weapons, explain why not. I would like other's opnions on this (I carry a pocket knife and a throwing knife)

2. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Map Addict

'Tis illegal in the UK. One can get oneself locked up for doing it. :eek:

3. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

Never carry weapons unless i am just moving it to another place. I dont think it is necessary to walk around with a blade hidden in my jacket pocket, it makes me feel like i should be looking for trouble...and usually trouble does find you when in that kind of mindset.
    If i do get into trouble, i basically use my keys (make a fist and have keys stick out).
    I have done that before in a confrontation and it was enough to have the person back away and leave.

4. Jackie Li

Jackie Li Valued Member

I don't carry a weapon because i am confident in my martial arts skills that i will be able to defend my myself. I had a situation already where the attacker had a weapon but successfully disarmed him and got away. :)

5. Grifter

Grifter Edited by White Wizard

I dont carry weapons for three reasons. First being that Id be nervous that a cop would find out because its pretty easy to tell when people are nervous. second reason is I dont plan on getting in any fights. And third, It would create more problems than its worth if I did get into a fight.

6. El Tejon

El Tejon MAP'scrazyuncle

Sure, Les Baer TRS 1911 strongside, Kahr P9 as bug. Usually a knife as well, but just use it to open boxes from Potterybarn. :D

7. yes

yes Banned Banned

I have no intention of knifing/shooting anyone, or attacking anyone so I don't need weapons for that purpose.

I will look to avoid trouble and if it can't be avoided, I'll go all out and hope for the best.

8. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

For many years I carried a Cold Steel Voyager or Spyderco Endura. But a few months ago I stopped packing. I'm certainly not The Man of Steel, but I just no longer feel that I need a weapon to defend myself.

9. Chris.B

Chris.B New Member

I don't carry any weapons. I don't plan on getting into any fights, and if I do I don't want to kill the person by stabbing him...or something depeending on the type of weapon. I rather lose a fight and get a few injuries then kill someone and win, or criticaly injur someone. Remeber any weapon can attack both ways.

10. redi knight

redi knight New Member

sometimes i carry a knife, usaully when im carrying something of value, or if i feel i may encounter danger or i feel it just might come in handy for other things.
    its just a berreta folding knife and the blade probly isnt even 4 inches.

my arguement is, yes it may be against the law..but are criminals going to care about this??
    no, they will carry weapons anyway, but normal, peaceful folk will listen and be left defensless to be mugged or murdered by them.
    but if everyone was allowed to carry a simple weapon, noone would be defensless and criminals would think twice before robbing or killin someone.
    hey, with or without a weapon like a knife or a gun, if someone wants to kill another person, they probably will,as most martial artists already know.

11. redi knight

redi knight New Member

but thats only sometimes..
    other times i just say "no..i dont wanna stab or be stabbed(not that i ever would anyway)...plus i could probly kick most peoples A**es anyway..my temper turns me berserk" lol

12. Nevada_MO_Guy

Nevada_MO_Guy Missouri_Karate_Guy

Legal weapons

Hey, KillBill

Right now I'm learning the Hestitan.

It is a legal an a non-edged weapon. Helps when you need that little bit extra on the street.

I carry a small mag flashlight, it comes with a belt pouch and the movements I'm learning with the Hestitan can be implimented with the flashlight.

check out out this link on non-edged weapons:
    http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12722

13. Stolenbjorn

Stolenbjorn Valued Member

I live in Norway, and here, I'd say that you only need a weapon when you go hunting :) If I ever carry a weapon, it's when I'm on my way to or from training, or by accident, like the time I was pulled over with a lapplander-knife in my car. It caused no troubbles, though.

14. killbill

killbill New Member

JESUS!
    you think because i carry a weapon I would go looking for trouble? or would act all tough? You think I carry it because I'm thinking I'm gonna stab soemone? NO. It's a tool, just like a screwdriver or a wrench, int he proper situation it is invaluable. Yeah i use my pocket knife to cut open boxes and stuff at my job. And another thing, If I did get into a fight i would only pull out a weapon if my life was in danger, if you had read any of my other posts you would know that i never get into fights, unless its a REAL fight (ie the person is trying to kill me) Someone posted No I don't carry guns/knives because i dont plan on shooting or stabbing anyone, YOU THINK I DO?! god damn this is ****ing me off, i didnt expect such a negative reaction.

15. Grifter

Grifter Edited by White Wizard

You asked people to explain why the didnt carry weapons. That what we did. Now your going to get all ****ed off?? Besides I dont recall anybody saying that you did carry weapons because you were looking for a fight.

16. valetudo74

valetudo74 Master of Ching Ching POW

Yes. I have a folding tactical knife i tuck behind my belt. The blade is legal in California as it falls under the established penal code for blade length (3 inches).

I also have a baston in my center console inside my truck. It lays on the floor and is in plain view if a police office pulls me over. It can easily be described as a piece of wood that has no particular use, or, I'll just be honest and say that I train in Filipino MA's and I carry it for self-protection. I've had one cop ask me about it, and luckily , he also trained in FMA's and gave me a break.

17. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned Banned

Naw, I improvise. I can make a decent knife out of a can of pop. I practice at lunch at school. :) I wonder how long until someone finds out and I get suspended?

PL

18. mikelw

mikelw New Member

I carry a telescopic baton like the police have in my glove compartment, just in case.

I also carry a kubotan on my keychain.

19. shootodog

shootodog restless native

in the philippines, the best weapon to carry is a long screwdriver.

20. killbill

killbill New Member

you know what i mean.