Do you also consider your Kararecareer as a topsport? And Why?

Discussion in 'Karate' started by NIKS, Mar 28, 2004.

1. NIKS

NIKS Baby banana killer :D

Hello everybody?
    I am very curious if here are more karateka's who considers there karatecareer as a topsport.
    What sort of style do you do? And do you also compete at national and ineternational tournaments?
    How do you combine your karate with your personal live?
    And how much do you offer for you karate?
    I would like to talk about this sort of things.

2. Chris.B

Chris.B New Member

What do you mean consider karate as a top sport, could you just reword your question a bit.

I combine my karate like a sport, I do other stuff, it's like a soccer player. He does other stuff then play soccer but he skill does training often to keep his skills up.

3. NIKS

NIKS Baby banana killer :D

I mean. Well, I am training every day from 4 till 5 hours a day.
    I can't do everything everybody does like: work or going out so much.
    Because I don't have time for it.
    I am curious how other people like me, handle these things.
    Do you understand me a litle bit?
    My English isn't that good unfortunately.

4. StorDuff

StorDuff adamantium

It's better than my Dutch.

I don't treat karate as a sport or lifestyle, more as a hobby really. I go to class weekly, and train a little bit on my own time. I don't hope to use it as self defence, so this far all I am getting out of it is pleasure and being whipped into shape. My sensei says karate practice after you have mastared the basics will lead to better health though karate and incorporated chi kung. But so far I don't care about fighting/competing/better health, I just like to do it :eek:

5. Musashi Kyo

Musashi Kyo New Member

I too train 4-5 hours a day but only 2-3 are in the dojo. I don't Train for competetion although I do enter tournaments every couple of months. But generally sometimes near tournament I train 6 or more hours a day. I dont like to give tournaments my time because for me its seperates me in to Karateka and Tournament Karateka. I dont think I have a Karate career unless its how many real fights Ive won using Karate. I Base my life around karate one reason because its what can keep me alive, sane, disciplined, and happy.
    As far as personal problems like not having enough time for other things I always think to myself "I can enjoy other things alot more when I do more Karate" If you train alot If you re evaluate training goals and strive for more efficient training. Even tho I dont mind staying at the dojo long, there are little things you can do to cut time/make time. I just had to start financially supporting myself and I have to cut/make time alot. I remember to keep the goals in grasp(dont let it slip away) and to not "Water" and hinder my training.
    Hope that helps not to give a Bio of my life or anything.