Do secret techniques ( still) exist ?

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by soggycat, May 19, 2004.

1. Nightstrike

Nightstrike MMA Nerd

Alot of that is blatent occult, In my opinion.( six and seven on the list)
    And I know how to accomplish some of those "things", and even where to find out how to do some.
    however I will not for it is incredibally dangerous and misleading.

2. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

Oh you mean like ....

Super Power Side Kick

Super Power Roundhouse Kick

Knuckle toughening without punching

Secrets of Board Breaking

1 Inch Knockout Punch ·

Knock Anyone down with 1 Finger

No Effort Hold Downs

Shuto knock out

Secret Nerve Hold Downs

Arm can't be pulled off your head

No one can push you over

You can't be lifted off the ground by anyone/any size

Block any kick with one hand

Stop any punch as easy as combing your hair

Mind Control

Relaxation Secrets

The Tiger Eye (see everything)

Take full power punches in Ribs

Take full power punches in Stomach

Unbendable Arm

Unbendable Wrist

Super Stomach Power

Take full power punches in Throat

Break boards on your ribs with a baseball bat

Bend a razor sharp knife on your neck

Drive a nail thru a board with your head

Lying on a bed of nails

Secrets????... The secrets are, there are no secrets. Only constructs of our own reality that serve to muddy the waters of our perception. :D

Last edited: May 26, 2004
  3. Mad-about-Bagua

Mad-about-Bagua Valued Member

Those who have no access to the secret of course, will discount or disparage it.
    Those who have, understand the importance of keeping their mouth shut.
    Those who keep an open mind , might have a chance one day to learn it.

The ancients were wise to limit the secrets to only a select few, for reasons clearly demonstrated inthis thread.

Have I learnt any ? Not telling

4. hedgehogey

hedgehogey Banned Banned

This entire thread is mechanized attack squad.

5. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

LOL!

"Secret techniques" don't win fights. Basics performed at a high level win fights.

Now then - secret trainin methods - THAT'S another story :Angel:

6. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

I'm terrible at keeping secrets anyway ... so don't tell me! :D

7. white crane

white crane New Member

Its probably better to say that there are no secret techniques, only more advanced ones which are passed onto the student when his teacher feels he/she will be able to understand the subtleties involved. There is probably too much 'mystical' b******t surrounding martial arts practice which may make them seem more attractive to some people, but which really just confuses the issue. Most of the so called secret techniques are classed as such because the teachers of old were very careful who they taught all of their art to in order that it would only be passed on to future generations in a true way.
    Gerard, there you go with the telepathy/clairvoiance stuff again. I think you are looking far too deeply into things.
    All the best
    white crane

8. RobP

RobP Valued Member

"Have I learnt any ? Not telling"

How do you know that what you have (or have not) learnt as a "secret" is not common training elsewhere?

Like I said - it justs exists to make people feel "special".

9. hedgehogey

hedgehogey Banned Banned

The search for secrets only leads to mystery and abstraction and away from truth. The only secrets are inside YOU!

10. Matt_Bernius

Matt_Bernius a student and a teacher

This is an interesting question. Personally, I believe that everything's out in the open. The caviat is that a lot of the understanding of application has been/is being lost. And so the purpose and intent of movement's from Kata become effectively secret out of ignorance. Does that truely qualify something as a secret technique? I don't know. But the effect is similiar.

- Matt

11. Mad-about-Bagua

Mad-about-Bagua Valued Member

How does one know what one is missing?
    How does a blind man know what " green" looks like ?

Those who think "secrets' are contrived constructs with the sole purpose of making the "secrets holder" feel special triviliased the matter. Even in modern technological warfare, secret weaponary exist.
    So go ahead and console yourself that there are no secrets because you know of none.

12. Sandus

Sandus Moved Himself On

I think you're taking it a little too far. The difference is that the weapons are kept hidden from their enemies, not their own militaries.

Keeping "secrets" is a good way to lose entire aspects of an art. What happens if a master never finds a suitable student to teach them to?

13. Pepsi32123

Pepsi32123 New Member

True. A simple jab can take out an opponet as apposed to a 540 heel aimed to the jaw.

Secret trainings do exist. Every Sunday paper, get out the TV guide in the Arts & Entertainment section. You might get yours a different way, but look on every page for Discovery Channel, ESPN, ESPN2, and just browse down the times. If you find something that says anything about Martial Arts or some style, then post it up on your wall, mirror, car, whatever so you don't forget. I saw traditional, secet Ninjuitsu training. Only about 12 people from all over the world were hand picked by some grand master. Also, on ESPN, it gets annoying when they say Karate is on, but it's really Muy Thai kickboxing. Nothing wrong with that, but I'm expecting a competition.

14. Pepsi32123

Pepsi32123 New Member

I don't like when an instructor passes away or something without 100% teaching a student. But it happens because like you said, they might not find a suitable student. They say that no "true" Samauri or Ninja exists. But what is really concidered "true?"

15. gerard

gerard Valued Member

Ahhh! so you have been to Shambala, haven't you? I had a great time there too. I love the place. BTW where is it I forgot the location since it has been a ong time sice I was there last.

:Angel:

Gan bei, Gerard.

16. nzric

nzric on lookout for bad guys

It just takes one person to tell someone else (or to win a fight with that technique, or to decide to start their own school/tradition) then it's not a secret anymore.

17. RobP

RobP Valued Member

"How does one know what one is missing?
    How does a blind man know what " green" looks like ?"

Yes, right, fine, but you didn't answer my question - how do you know it is such a secret? What are you talking about here? Secret breathing methods, secret "techniques", secret training methods, secret meditation work?

Two true stories. One guy spent a long time with an old Chinese teacher, eventually he got the "secrets", carefully and lovingly passoed on to him. Details on acupuncture points available in almost any high street book store. The student didn't have the heart to say anything.

Another guy spent years to learn "Wudang secrets". In the end he had to fight the master's son and beat him in order to learn the secret of this unbeatable style.......

Kung fu movie land.....

18. sindo

sindo New Member

Very true ....

19. soggycat

soggycat Valued Member

OK, I must now go back to all my Chinese Sifu’s and the few other non Chinese Sifu’s ( who had Chinese teachers ) and tell them they have either lied to me or that they have been duped themselves about the existence of “ Secret teachings, secret techniques” in fact all things secret in Chinese Martial Arts. I must also educate them that the average non Chinese speaking Martial Artist / teacher are in a better position to know about these secrets because they belong to a more enlightened class and read more ( Western) books.

Ah thank you all for that insight and for pointing out my naiveness

:rolleyes:

20. squarepusher13z

squarepusher13z New Member

no offense but that stament is a bunch of pretentious crap, honeslty, by definition secrects are things which are activley kept from being well known, and i have seen more than one IMA secret (neutralization for on) and in saying "The search for secrets only leads to mystery and abstraction and away from truth." u are wrong.

1. mystery and abstraction and away from truth mystery and abstraction r the truth, and r not somehting to be avioded

2. the idea of answers raising more questions has nothing to do with "secrets" and applies to the search for knowlage in general

3. The only secrets are inside YOU!

what exactly is that supposed to mean?