Do Ninjas and Samurais Still Exist

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Willbeanijnja, Aug 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Actually, chakras are a part of yoga and ayuverdic (sp?) medicine. They are as real as chi or ki to those that practice these arts. If I'm not mistaken the idea or concept of chakras is older than that of chi or ki.
    But, I still haven't had my question answered....

2. AZeitung

AZeitung The power of Grayskull

Do faries and unicorns exist? The answer, until proven otherwise, is a resounding, "Yes!"

And how exactly are we supposed to prove that these modern ninjas don't exist, since they have supposedly perfected their art form to the point where even high tech surveillance equipment can't detect them (as stated in another post somewhere in this thred)?

3. Neil-o-Mac

Neil-o-Mac The Rev

I was meaning chakras in a 'ninja' context reminding me of Naruto. For example, refer to this link.

4. notquitedead

notquitedead used to be Pankration90

Why is this thread still going?

5. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Because, some of us can't sleep at 3 AM... still others find it and continue to believe that anime, video games and manga tell the truth... and just, because.

6. Hapkidoin P

Hapkidoin P Valued Member

Kurohana....ROFLMAO!!!

7. samuri-man

samuri-man New Member

of coarse they still exsist the proof is everywhere : kendo, iaido, ken jistsu, iaijitsu (if it exsistes) and even ju jistsu :bang: :bang: :woo: :bang:

8. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

Again, please supply definitive information regarding your comments, as you said "Chakra was the main basis" you are actually saying that you know, so tell us how come people in the art dont know but you do? and Zenn, yes i am targeting you as you cannot throw comments around unless you have information to back it up, there has not been a post from you on here yet that has given anyone reason to believe what you are saying, looking at the summoner page you come from you need to split the reality from the sublime ridiculous imagination!!

9. Zenn Ryusaki

Zenn Ryusaki New Member

If you believe in god, where is the evidence that says he exists? If you believe in spirits, where is the evidence that say they exist? Not everything can be laid before your eye's, people who think that way are single minded, not willing to think beyond what they can see and touch, i see why you do martial arts now, but by all means i do not think that you can grasp the full aspects to martial arts, it is not all physical you know, it cant all be laid before your eyes, you chose what you believe, no one can inforce that upon you...

I think that is quite the answer you are looking for

Edit: Oh and that forum, that was a bit of fun on my behalf into which i also enjoy doing, like FF games, i see nothing wrong with that, everyone has a fantasy, no matter the form...

;)

10. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Zenn, you have been asked for yet given no proof of your claims. All you do is spout a bunch of psuedo mystical mumbo jumbo and say we are too close minded to believe. Go away little boy. I have been doing Martial Arts and in particular Ninjutsu longer than you have been alive. If you have proof/sources to back up your claims, let's see them. My mind can be changed, but "I read it some where" or "My dad's a historian, I know what I'm talking about" just doesn't cut it.

I'm sick and tired of people making claims with no facts or evidence to back it up. Taking some stupid video game or anime show and using that as the basis for their truth. Define a "chakra" and tell me what it has to do with the techniques found in Ninjutsu. No vague answers, I want substance. References (something other than websites, historical books would be nice).

11. Zenn Ryusaki

Zenn Ryusaki New Member

It is not a claim, or nowhere did i state there was evidence, and frankly i am suprised that a member of staff of this forum can be so dismissive on such matters, the point of that, if you cant get it, you can believe in Charka or you cannot, it is up to you, there is no solid evidence it exist as there is no solid evidence that other things exist, it is a matter of opinion and belief, so it aint mumbo jumbo...

I am so suprised i cant express this... Lost for words... I am finished on this thread, it is completely baka when it comes to people asking for something to touch and see as edvidence... See ya around the forum if i do, which i hope not ;)

12. notquitedead

notquitedead used to be Pankration90

Those are martial arts, not samurai or ninja. So are you saying people who do those martial arts somehow all have ancestors who belonged to samurai clans and have all done all the rituals etc in order to become a 'samurai'? I doubt it. There isn't a samurai class anymore- Japan is a modern country now. Samurai started dieing out a long time ago, and there aren't any more.

13. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

If there is no evidence then how do you know, at the start you should have been man enough to say "i believe ninja are still alive" and as for believing, i believe in my art through the fact transmitted through Hatsumi and my teachers, tangiable stuff (zenn, you might need a dictionary for that word!)

Constantly through this you stated that ninja exist but you keep on backtracking saying maybe it does maybe it does not, so which is it, i think you should stick to your anime, at least there you can let your childish imagination roam free!

14. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

Kuro,

I am shocked!! how come you never let me have a go like this? :D :D

15. Stuart H

Stuart H On the Mandarin bandwagon

Let's take this from a philosophical perspective :p

The Samurai (and Ninja) clans died out a long time ago. They died out along with their methods. Kenjutsu, naginata-jutsu etc, have no place in the battlefields of the modern world - machine guns replace katanas, tanks and planes replace horses. The truth is even if they were around, they would be no match for a contemporary army.

Yet the soul of the Samurai still resides, in part, in all those who practise their methods. We strive for the perfection of our arts, and the bettering of our characters. We attempt to be ruthless, yet benevolent; courageous, yet humble. We live as they did - becoming the best fighters we can be, but also the best human beings we can be.

In a way, we are the modern Samurai, striving to make peace in an increasingly warring world.

16. Ninja_Clan

Ninja_Clan New Member

tell me about it i kills some of us at work....
    i still havn't had anyone prove to me that there is no ninjas yet. :bang: :bang:

17. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

its "there ARE no ninja yet" i hate bad grammer!!

And can you prove against all odds that they do exist?

18. Stuart H

Stuart H On the Mandarin bandwagon

Give it up guys, you know it's not coming.
    And Zenn, wouldn't you rather be the embodiment of a Samurai yourself?

19. Ninja_Clan

Ninja_Clan New Member

why give it up? this is kinda fun. only a child like grownup would try to put down someones grammer greg!! hey zenn send me a privite message. we have some things to talk about

20. Ninja_Clan

Ninja_Clan New Member

okay this is intresting.

okay guys we have all been fooled. it turns out that while some ninjas where warriors not all ninjas were trained from birth. some were just farmers and some were cattle herders. while their were some raised from birth to become ninjas so they could protect their communitys from possible samuria attacks. the ninja clan in al totaled about seventy to eighty clans. while some were wiped out by the goverment they were never any hired ninjas as assiasans. thesse were samuri dressed as ninjas to give them a bad rep in that time period. after a while women would scare their childeren with stories about ninjas coming to get them and such. and their are still ninjas today. and if anybody would like to disagree i can give them a nice agrument over it. eat those words greg.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.