Do Ninjas and Samurais Still Exist

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Willbeanijnja, Aug 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benkei

benkei Valued Member

Let's hear that arguement then, because you still haven't given us anything substantial to go on except hearsay and opinion. And this time, for God's sake, supply some evidence to go alongside your extraordinary claims.

2. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

Bwahahahahahaha!!

Oh my sides, bit of a historian then are you? again prove your comments, oh and i have highlighted all your bad spelling AGAIN!! if your not old enough to spell efficiently then how are you old enough to have all this knowledge, please enlighten us all!! and after Zenn PM'd me and we had a good chat about knowledge and stuff you might find your the only one still spouting crap!!

3. Lafhastum

Lafhastum New Member

dude, calm down about misspelling. just because he can't type (I can't either) doesn't mean he is stupid, wait until he posts his sources (if he has any that is) before calling him stupid.

4. Stuart H

Stuart H On the Mandarin bandwagon

I know what happened guys! Zenn saw an episode of Mind Body and Kickass Moves. Chris Crudelli says "These people are real samurai", when watching people demonstrating cutting bamboo with a katana.

5. Visage

Visage Banned Banned

1: The word "again" should be capitalised, as it comes after a sentence ending punctuation mark.
    2: "I" should always be capitalised.
    3: "If" should be capitalised as it comes after an exclamation point.
    4: A contraction of two words, "you are". This word should have an apostraphy and be spelt thus; "you're".
    5: "After" should be capitalised as it starts this sentence.
    6: At this point there should be a comma to give the sentence appropriate structure.
    7: A contraction of two words, "you are". This word should have an apostraphy and be spelt thus; "you're".

Since we're getting technical on spelling, punctuation and grammar. :rolleyes:

6. Kagebushi

Kagebushi New Member

this has gotten pretty sad.

7. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

Not bad!!!

8. Ninja_Clan

Ninja_Clan New Member

well first go to www.winjutsu.com. second just because i can't spell dosn't mean i'm stupid so why don't you get of my back. first you got zenn so wound up that he can't even mention your name without cussing you out so just back off

9. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

Look, just give us the proof of your convictions and then its all over, as for Zenn, we had a chat by PM and he seems happy enough!

10. HARAKIRI

HARAKIRI New Member

jus give me a min

i think i got ot
    all we need is a gud starbucks to realize that the only way samurais and ninjas still live, is throu their legend.(ie, throu martial art/computer nerds like us)
    not tryin to offend.
    nor do i want my spelling/grammar corected :D
    not tryin to force people not to believe, not trin to make this discussion stop
    jus tryin to say expres my toughtd by saying that they live through our imagination
    not one of us here can say they do not find ninjas nor samurais heroic, nor can they say that if they had the oportunity they would refuse to be one.
    its because we find them so cool that we wish for them to exist today.

peace out

11. Stuart H

Stuart H On the Mandarin bandwagon

This has been discussed already in this topic, which you really should have left to die like everyone else. Since you're a newbie, they might be easier on you. But we all hate it when old topics that everyone's sick of get resurrected.

12. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

Got to agree on these points, there is always something nice about dreams and fantasy!

13. Jason Simpson

Jason Simpson New Member

I wish they did exist i'd start training straight away.

14. Ninja_Clan

Ninja_Clan New Member

ummmmmm

you know i could be wrong but i thought we all decided to shut this topic down and stop using it.....

15. K_Coffin

K_Coffin New Member

Yeah, what the hell. I could have sworn this thread had been closed long ago.

People, listen. Samurai cannot still exist. They were a cultural institution that were time-specific, and that time has passed. Samurai was a feudal title, nothing else. People still practise the Samurai martial arts (Daito Ryu AikiJuJutsu for one....), but that doesn't mean that they are still Samurai.

Ninja as you refer to them do not exist. They never did. The Ninja were just a group of families in a particular region in Japan in the Sengoku Jidai (Warring States Period) who developed a martial arts system to protect themselves from other groups of people who wanted to take their land. They weren't Assassins or spies, although I'm sure some of them could have got jobs doing those things based on their skills. There was no ultra-secret assassin baby training from birth. They were normal people, defending themselves as best they could in a civil war that went on for centuries, so they got very good at it.

16. ALPHADEANO

ALPHADEANO U knows it Clart

ninja

Yes they do, I saw them in my local pub, Bruce lee was there too allong with father christmas serving them all a beer at the bar.
    (you just have to belive).

17. xen

xen insanity by design

no matter how far from the ninjutsu forum you try and hide, the pointless battles rage on and on and on and on

how are we defining existence? in the minds of the deluded? in a secret valley invisible to the countless satellites scanning the planet? in pictures in books?

WHO CARES?

have you ever thought what you'd do if you met a 'real' samurai or ninja?

ask them to teach you how to butcher peasants, perform the tea ceremony or compose haiku (in the case of samaurai)?

ask them how to infiltrate a castle, assasinate a daimyo with a poisened thread or fight on a battlefield with a naginata (in the case of a ninja)?

for myself, i'd been inclined to ask where they hid the time machine and why they stopped off in this little corner of space and time (assuming of course i'm not the one they're hunting accross space and time)

and just assuming they do exist, how does little nugget of new information enhance your life? beyond being able to post 'i told you so' all over the net, very little!!

the arts which were practiced by these groups can be found in dojo's all over the world...if it interests you that much JUST GO AND TRAIN!!!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2004
  18. Sever

Sever Valued Member

We can dream

Attached Files:

19. Ninja_Clan

Ninja_Clan New Member

ok?

the only reason i said that is because things got personall for a while and a friend of mine hasn't come back in a while because people always think their right ( "cough" greg!!) anyways i'm still saying there are ninja's and i'll aslo say this do you belive in God? because if you do then tell me this why? can you see him? can you talk to him? no of course not..just because you can't prove everything you can't see or history can't prove doesn't mean it can't exist.....anyways i'm gonna go eat and steam off for a while mabye make a cake...yeah that sounds good a cake............ :D

20. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Warning

This will not turn into another "God" thread or I will ask to have it closed. This thread is silly enough and has gone off topic enough times that we don't need to start another religion/God thread/debate/argument.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.