Do all Christian denominations teach people who arn't christian go to hell or is it j

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by potatodemon, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Strafio

Strafio Trying again...

:)
    I think most people mean it this way but forget to spell it out as they take it for granted that it will be understood. Thanks for the compliments on 270 too! :)

2. Strafio

Strafio Trying again...

Lol! That is apriori.
    But yeah, that's what I'm trying to do as well.
    Aikimac's objection was over whether people were starting with the right premises, just incase we accidently brought in a strawman. ;)

3. Topher

Topher allo!

lol thats what posting that late (early!) does to you [​IMG]

Anyway... Aiki says unless we accept his assumptions (!) nothing else makes sense. Does this not speaks volumes to you? We have to just assume the premises are right. But why should we just assume this. How about we demand the premises be argued rationally and only then do we accept them?

(Previously I've asked aiki a question and for him to answer I just have to grant him lots of assumptions (which he doesn't need to rationalise), which I am in no way allowed to question because otherwise his cannot answer!)

The problem I have they have a bunch of propositions, their desired conclusions (which usually do not logically follow said propositions), and ad hoc explanations for them.

Which means is ‘he’ cannot have a nature, or a character, or a description of any sort. ‘He’ cannot be classed as anything. At all.

Do you understand ontology? It is the study of existence. Since God violates this, one cannot say he exists. Negative theologians recognise this and regard God as ‘beyond’ existence, and this means we cannot say anything about God as the concept would be necessarily incomprehensible.

So he is both able and willing? So why does evil still exist. The only answer: God hasn’t evil to exist. He wasn’t people to go to hell.