Do all american teens sexually assault in school?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Dead_pool, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

This GOP member thinks so?

Is she wrong? And if she is wrong, why do you think she thinks that?

Or is it just areas with a high republican membership that do this?

2. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

Just chiming in to say its then ironic the GOP has acted against sex education in America when it demonstrably improves this sort of behaviour, particularly around consent.

And also to say since I'm not American I don't know, but this does seem to be a bigger problem in colleges in America than it seems to be at British unis. I can't really imagine us having students at a top university marching and shouting "no means yes, yes means anal"

Dead_pool likes this.
  3. Morik

Morik Well-Known Member Supporter MAP 2017 Gold Award

From what I've seen, the more sexually repressive a particular social microcosm is, the higher the incidence of sexual abuse/harassment/etc.
    Socially (or legally, in some countries) enforced sexual repression seems to cause a greater proportion of men to dehumanize women and treat them first as sexual objects, and only secondly as people.

The deep red states in the US don't want to look at the data. Their sexual education policies ("teach nothing but abstinence", essentially) lead to the highest teen pregnancy rates in the US. Their fiscal policies consistently leave them at the bottom of the barrel in terms of economic prosperity. But they stick to their positions anyway, and hand-wave away the actual outcomes, insisting that their policies will lead to the best outcomes despite the overwhelming (IMO) evidence to the contrary. I think part of this is that they have made their policy ideas part of their identity--they have a lot of cognitive dissonance around these issues.

4. Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng All weight is underside

Basically, they have been drinking the cool aide

If the judge was a democrat I'm willing to bet these same woman would be vilifying him. I am neither Democrat or Republican and a big problem, IMO, in politics today is that they no longer even pretend that they are concerned about what the heck happens in the country and they only seem to care about the party.

He has been accused and the accuser is going to come forward and now....there appears to be a possible 2nd one....

5. pgsmith

pgsmith Valued dismemberer

It is, unfortunately, fairly common in the sexually repressive conservative atmosphere that prevails in private schools such as the ones that they both went to. Anything of an overtly sexual nature is taboo in conservative America, so most teenagers in that section of the population have no clue how to deal with the hormonal surges that happen at that time of their life.

The larger issue that the conservative groups are all trying their best to ignore, is that Kavanaugh has denied that it ever happened. I feel the response would have been much different if he had apologized profusely, explained it away as stupid teenager reactions, and expressed remorse for his stupid behavior. Instead, he has totally denied it which, if it is decided that it actually happened, is a criminal offence called lying under oath. Hard to approve a criminal as a Supreme Court Justice.

Xue Sheng likes this.