Disgusting supplement taste

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Master J, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Master J

Master J "No style, no limitation"

Oh damn, supplements taste utter disgusting!!!

Anyone got any HEALTHY ideas for a nice tasting chocolate supplement!??

PS.....do NOT get chocolate Cyclone....get strawberry! :woo:

2. Jamo2

Jamo2 The Louie Vitton Don

Supplements dont taste disgusting. YOUR supplement tastes disgusting.

I buy the USN proteins, the chocolate and strawberry both taste nice with milk and water. Im currently sipping maltodextrin lemon and lime, and thats lush. Just gotta be careful and dont buy big tubs if youve never tasted it before ;)

3. Reakt

Reakt Valued Member

He did warn you. :D

4. Athleng Nordic

Athleng Nordic Sadly passed away. RIP. Supporter

Mix with milk and Ovaltine. Or you could mix it with your oats. I do that once in a while and it's great!

5. Pocari Neko

Pocari Neko Learner Ninja

Speaking of which - MetRx's micronised creatine in grape flavour was pretty disgusting too.

But the Glycerlean stuff was fine. Can't remember the exact name of the manufacturer, but they make whey protein powders and gives them really dodgy names like "Chocolats". Their strawberry one tasted okay. It's a product I would buy again.

6. Sever

Sever Valued Member

And what have we learned from this? ALL chocolate protein shakes are the Devils' own poo! Get some chocolate Crusha syrup and add a bit to it, it'll make it more bearable, but not much!
    There are some really nice tasting supplements out there, actually. I've found the strawberry and vanilla flavours of everything I've had from Myprotein to be really tasty with skimmed milk and I'm currently using cookies n' cream flavour Muscle Milk which is so tasty I actually find myself looking forwards to drinking it! I'm getting really good results with it too

7. Taff

Taff The Inevitable Hulk

Yeah. I can testify that Garnell is not too tasty either. :(

8. Crimson_Stone

Crimson_Stone Stay Puft

You don't have to limit yourself to the typical water and protien powder solutions. Mix some real nutrition in with it.

Milk
    Frozen Strawberries
    Ice
    Banana Protien Powder

Blend until smooth

It's a great post workout shake.

Another:
    Milk
    Chocolate Syrup or Baking Chocolate
    Peanut Butter
    Cottage Cheese
    Chocolate Protien Powder
    Ice
    Blend 'til smooth

Another great High Protien shake.

If you buy a tub of protien powder that you don't like try mixing it with fruits and juices. You might just create something sensational.

9. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Second that. Chocolate MP Max is really nice, although I do prefer strawberry.

10. blessed_samurai

blessed_samurai Valued Member

Strawberry+vanilla mix on BSNs Syntha 6 protein is fantastic.

11. Frodocious

Frodocious She who MUST be obeyed! Moderator Supporter

I really like unflavoured whey mixed with pineapple juice!

12. DCombatives

DCombatives Valued Member

Cytosports MuscleMilk in the Choclate Milkshake is great, even in water. And it's a complete protein, not just a crappy Whey.

13. Taff

Taff The Inevitable Hulk

Since when has Whey been crappy?
    Since when has Whey been an in-complete protein?

:confused:

14. tkdmusclerock

tkdmusclerock New Member

I've been supplementing with protein for 12 years on and off. If you think the current products are bad you should've tasted some of the rat poison that used to be on the market! Those weight gain formulas tasted like something you'd bathe in to remove a tattoo!

I like Met-Rx vanilla MRP, Muscle Milk chocolate or banana (although with the high fat content I should eat a lot less carbs than I do). I used to use EAS but their quality and flavor went south a couple years ago. MuscleTech's Nitro-Tech ready-to-drink are pretty tasty but expensive (the powdered Nitro-Tech is nauseating). Right now I throw a scoop or two of Designer Whey vanilla in the blender with some frozen fruit and orange juice (plus a dash of panax ginseng). Probably too much simple sugar but lots of vitamins and tastes decent.

Aside from ginseng (or as I call it "Korean marching powder") I supplement with a multivitamin, some capsules of flaxseed oil, glucosamine/chondroitin, and saw palmetto. Used to take creatine but it bothers my stomach and I never saw the miraculous results Bill Phillips promised.

15. PlumDragon

PlumDragon "I am your evil stimulus"

You havent tasted bad until youve had a good dose of dit da wan or other equally grotesquely tasting herbals. :cry:

If youre concerned about how supplements taste, IMO, your best bet is finding a way to procure those much needed ingredients in natural foods...Its healthier that way anyway.

Happy supplementing! :)