"Dirty Tricks"

Discussion in 'Self Defence' started by Judderman, Jul 18, 2004.

1. Judderman

Judderman 'Ello darlin'

A term which is often banded about when speaking of techniques that aren't part of any MA sylabus. Biting is a prime example.

What other "dirty tricks" do you know?

2. RichieRich

RichieRich Valued Member

shooting with guns.

Biting, gouging, head-butting are all in the "gray area". Some folks consider kicking to be poor sport - stamping certainly is and hitting an opponent on the ground may be considered poor, depending on local customs.

3. Kagebushi

Kagebushi New Member

theres the old powder in the eyes, or any weapon. i'd say that there arent any techniques that arent in any MA syllabus. even the powder and weapons are covered. togakure ryu ninjutsu(part of the bujinkan) includes guns and landmines. but as for dirty tricks, in my area, anything that isnt allowed in boxing is considered dirty. i just quote Jack Sparrow: "the only rules in a fight are what a man can do, and what a man cant do." even though it was a movie, i still think that was a great quote

4. xplasma

xplasma Banned Banned

As Kagebushi said, Ninjutsu includes "dirty techniques".

Blinding powder, Pinching, Groin Striking, and Biting. All of thses techniques are part of the Ninjutsu Kihon Gata.

Blinding powder can be coins, sand, etc.

Pinching is done with the whole handand can be done to the inner thigh and armpit with can "rip skin"

If they person is close and you want them to jump bit them and don't let go until they yelp in pain.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2004
  5. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

There are tons of these sort of tricks in MA. One art called kino mutai is basically the art of biting and pinching! The effective application from person to person however varies a lot and should not be relied on entirely.

6. NeonxBurst

NeonxBurst 1st Black

True

Yes, I'd have to say this is true. Along with pretty much anything MA related where I'm at that's why the 140 MA'ists in our high school club are mocked all the time. YES I SAID 140 of course when ur in a school with 2400+ students that's only a small percentage. Eye poking for some reason isn't considered dirty here, but almost no one groin kicks, but don't think that stops me from down attacks just because they're the perfect way to end the fight.

7. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

I don't believe there is such a thing as "dirty tricks" ....as already noted, many ma techniques can then be considered "dirty" ...

Gouge the eyes, slap/box the ears, hair pulling, grab & twist todger, (pinching), bend their fingers, twist their arms, etc.

In a self defense situation sometimes you need to do what ever you can to survive.

8. RichieRich

RichieRich Valued Member

Chinese burn! :D

Other classics* include
    Dropping to your knees for mercy, then bedbutting their nads.
    pushing your finger in your jacket pocket like you got a gun
    spitting
    Fish-hooks.. (thats right, make a hook with your finger)

*These are jokes, just in case you try 'em in desparation and get battered.

I've had limited success with bleeding profusely over my assailant. I aim for expensive, light coloured, dry clean only targets. :cool:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2004
  9. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

One trick I have seen in competition sparring was for one of the fighters continually leaning on the opponent with his arms straight out in front of him, kind of like giving a hug w/o wrapping your arms around. It REALLY frustrated and wore out the guy being leaned on. He eventually won, but it was a really ugly fight.

10. MartialArtsSnob

MartialArtsSnob New Member

My teacher told me of a fight in the old days (60's) in a full contact fight. He is a very large Hsing -I man (400lbs) and the other guy was a small Pa-Kua guy. The guy was staying outside and suckering him in with feint attacks. He said that he was getting beat real bad because the guy would not commit to an attack and he was getting counterattacked relentlesly. His solution..................he started spitting on the guy..........finally he make the guy angry enough to try a commited attack, that was the last one of the fight for him...............not to nice.....but hey it did work.

11. RAD

RAD New Member

We have one guy in our class that likes to use "dirty" fighting. He usually applies pressure back and forth over a tendon and wow does it hurt! He doesn't do it necessarily to be mean or during any seriuos sparring, more in a joking manner when we are practicing techniques. Also elbows to the sternum really hurt too! :eek:

12. BuffBuffy

BuffBuffy New Member

A Dirty Trick Used On Me...

There was a girl, last fall in my self defense class that used a 'dirty trick' on me... I was fairly new to the class and didn't know her very well.

Our instructor had one person (me) standing in the center and had a group of four students come at me punching and I'd paray... non-stop paray drill.

During one of the parays, this particular girl punched and I parayed with both hands as you are supposed to do. However, instead of punching with the right arm as usual, she punched with the left and I parayed it as it was a right punch and pushed the arm to my right as that was the direction we were told to paray to...

As soon as she noticed my arms were out there and felt my hands on her left arm, she hauled off and slugged me just under the nose with the right fist... I think it broke as it swelled right up around the bridge, but it didn't get all messed up...

That was the most 'dirty trick' I've ever been apart of and I stopped taking that self defense class shortly thereafter...

Buffy

13. dragon_bunny

dragon_bunny Valued Member

me and my friend have one move that we consider dirty, but is accept able as a last ditch attempt to win ;) you take the finger or toe and bend it so the top of the finger is touching the first part of the finger, umm, so it's in a upside down u shape - like fingers normally bend, then squash the finger tip in to the the rest of the finger. hurts like hell, best to do it on the middle finger :D i resort to this alot cause she's a 2nd Dan and i'm only a beginner so she usually manages to pin in