Digital Camera Recommendations

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Sever, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Sever

Sever Valued Member

It's getting to that time of year where we all look to buy stuff for people we care about. In this case, that means I'm getting myself something since I have to spend chrimbo with my family and I deserve a treat ;)
    So, I'm in the market for a digital camera, preferably 7+ megapixels in the £150ish price range. Since I know next to nothing about cameras, I throw this to you wonderful people to help me out :cool:
    I know I'm not going to get something uber-posy for that, but ideally I'd like something that gives nice sharp pictures (obviously) with a minimum of noise and a fast shutter that's pretty good in low-light conditions. I'll be taking a lot of pics at gigs, so something that's good with moving subjects in the dark is pretty essential. I'm not fussed about brands or anything
    Thanks

Last edited: Nov 26, 2007
  2. Chimpcheng

Chimpcheng Yup... Giant cow head... Supporter

When I was over in Hong Kong land my mate bought himself a new Sony T-2 digital camera. It's teeny tiny with 4GB of built in of memory or 40,000 pics in other words, 8MP, movie recorder, face recognition, etc., etc.

It really is a lovely phone and was about £160, I think it might have just been released in the UK for about £230, but it's worth it (for £160 that is). Yopu could shop around on ebay or something. :)

3. Taff

Taff The Inevitable Hulk

I was always told that Fuji compacts do well in low light. Are you going to be making loads of big prints, and hence needing 7Mpx?

4. Topher

Topher allo!

5. cheesypeas

cheesypeas Moved on

Canon everytime for me....never lets me down...excellent cameras across the range. :D