Digital Art/ Photo-Manipulation

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Sever, Sep 17, 2007.

1. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Following the success of the Photography Thread, does anyone like to have a play in Photoshop or similar with photographs that they've taken, trying to make something new from them? How about making whole new bits of art from scratch with the computer? Share them here :)

I'm a bit of a newbie to photo manipulation, and a bit of a narcissist, so most of my current work is based on reworkings of crappy self-shots
    Here are a couple of my recent bits to get the ball rolling

Long-time members may remember this as one of my old avatars. Due to some weird camera-fritz, the only reworking on this shot's the colour

[​IMG]

This one came about more by luck than design, but I really like the effect. Possibly due to my being obsessed with static ;) I was toying with reworking it to animate the static, but I kinda like it the way it is

[​IMG]

This one's my latest undertaking. My wonderfully talented sister took this photo, originally intended as a homage to the System Shock 2 cover art, but it kinda took on a life of its own once I started playing with it. It's still a bit of a work in progress; I'd like the animation to be a little smoother and some work could be done on the eyes, but I'm liking what's come of it so far

[​IMG]

And this is another reworking of the same shot. Basically, I loved the way the eyes came out on the original filtering of the last one, but they didn't look right with the whole thing being blue. I still wanted to use them, so I played around a little. It's not perfect, but it's a good avatar shot ;)

[​IMG]

I'm looking forwards to seeing some of your stuff too :)

2. Shrukin89

Shrukin89 Valued Member

I'm glad you made this thread. XD

Here's Su Lin as a panda that I made (awh cute) :D

[​IMG]

lamaTKDcait as a purdy angel

[​IMG]

Myself as a ninja

[​IMG]

Evil Pacman and Death Star

[​IMG]

Myself as a anime character

[​IMG]

My friend Mike as a real human

[​IMG]

Here he is when he's not human, but still human, in anime

[​IMG]

Out with the old Josh

[​IMG]

In with the new Josh

[​IMG]

4 * me= 4 of me!!! Quadtuplet twins!!!! :eek:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2007
  3. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil wants to go climbing...

Heck, photoshop was how I made my living as a digital matte painter for films and TV!
    Love photoshop.

[​IMG]

Did this one about 4 or 5 years ago. The bruising looks fairly good but I got way to carried away with the smudge tool around the eye and screwed it up :(
    Oh and I painted this in PS a few years back. The only real element is bits and pieces of the castle on the right. The rest was hand painted using a wacom tablet.
    [​IMG]

4. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

Proof I'm not very good...

Last edited: Apr 1, 2008
  5. Rhea

Rhea Laser tag = NOT MA... Supporter

Last edited: Apr 1, 2008
  6. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I knew that image would come up again from Shrukin!!! :woo:

7. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

Does this count.

koyo

Attached Files:

8. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

ROTFLMAO!!

Brilliant Koyo... just brilliant. :D

9. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Shadow of Evil,

A few questions for you:

1) what sort of final output file sizes were you getting when you did matte paintings? Are you still doing it.. and if not... what made you leave the profession?

2) what sort of aspect ratio were you working with? For film or for TV?

3)
    What kind of system were you running? (RAM, Megahrtz etc.)... were you running CS3 at the time?

4) What model Wacom were you using?

5)
    Any films that we might have seen or that are out there we can get a hold of?

6)
    Are you still working as a matte painter?

10. Moosey

Moosey invariably, a moose Supporter

Might not be what you had in mind for the thread, but I'm quite pleased with these two vector constructions. They could both do with a bit of finishing off, but look fairly groovy anyway I think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Shrukin89

Shrukin89 Valued Member

Awh don't you like it that it came from me? :p It's not like I'm going to pop your image all overm our town. Besides you are disguised as a panda they won't even know that it is you. :D

12. Shrukin89

Shrukin89 Valued Member

Those are kinds of questions that parents ask their children slippy. *whispers* they want to know everything. :p

13. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil wants to go climbing...

Nope. Been a few year since I did any of that stuff. Kinda moved away from it when I realised the money can be good but the jobs are rare :rolleyes:
    ...and I hated the idea of long hours in front of a computer.

14. Topher

Topher allo!

Some stuff I did a few years back for a college project. These were some experiments…

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This image of Blair was created out of images from Bush.
    [​IMG]