Different elements

Discussion in 'Internal Martial Arts' started by Radok, Apr 24, 2004.

1. Radok

Radok Love myself better than U

What are different elements for in IMA? Do their teachings contradict one another? For example, if someone is doing a fire element IMA, should they then avoid water IMA's because it will weaken their fire element training? Or should they seek out water element to balance out their Yang? Also, are there hard styles of IMA? (Iron Shirt) And should you stick to one or the other or mix them? Alot of questions I know, but I'm so confused! :confused:

2. gerard

gerard Valued Member

No

There are simply different approaches to the same goal. use whatever you like without straining your self. Just let go and relax, don't force qi.

Gerard.

3. Xio

Xio Controlled Chaos

Here is a theory i've read.

there are elements of earth, fire, water, wind and nothingness (qi, the source element, whatever). When you are born in goes in the order: qi, earth, water, fire, wind. And when you die it goes backwards. ie/ when you die: first to go is your breath (wind), then your body heat (fire), then your body fluids (water), then your physical body (earth), then your left with qi and i don't know what happens next but it's interesting.

4. Princess

Princess New Member

After that.. your own qi goes back to earth to rejuvenate, recreate, reborn again... this attracts water ... giving birth of life... then fire.. giving energy and heat of life.. then wind.. takes your qi/life into the direction that brings you to life....or in other words... qi = you = the soul....earth = mother = creator...water = blood/seeds = heritage = union of father and mother.... fire = own environment/surroundings ... wind = breath = life....

thus it goes around and round in circle... "The circle of life & creation"....as you known.

Hope it helps.

~ ...This Princess.

5. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

The elements are: Hydrogen, Helium, Lithium, Beryllium, Boron, Carbon, Nitrogen, Oxygen, Fluorine, Neon, Sodium, Magnesium, Aluminium, Silicon, Phosphurus, Sulphur, Chlorine, Argon, Potassium, Calcium, Scandium, Titanium, Vanadium, Chromium, Manganese, Iron, Cobalt, Nickel, Copper, Zinc, Gallium, Germanium, Arsenic, Selenium, Bromine, Krypton, Rubidium, Strontium, Yttrium, Zirconium, Niobium, Molybdenum, Technetium, Ruthenium, Rhodium, Palladium, Silver, Cadmium, Indium, Tin, Antimony, Tellurium, Iodine, Xenon, Ceasium, Barium, Lanthanum, Cerium, Prasoedymium, Neodymium, Promethium, Samarium, Europium, Gadolinium, Terbium, Dysprosium, Holmium, Erbium, Thulium, Ytterbium, Lutetium, Hafnium, Tantalum, Tungsten, Rhenium, Osmium, Iridium, Platinum, Gold, Mercury, Thallium, Lead, Bismuth, Polonium, Astatine, Radon, Francium, Radium, Actinium, Thorium, Protactinium, Uranium, Neptunium, Plutonium, Americium, Curium, Berkelium, Californium, Einsteinium, Fermium, Mendelevium, Nobelium, Lawrencium, Rutherfordium, Dubnium, Seaborgium, Bohrium, Hassium, Meitnerium.

At least, those were the ones known and identified in 1984. There'll be more now.

6. gerard

gerard Valued Member

I reply to that:

Phase : Metal Water Wood Fire Earth

Animals : Tiger Bear Deer Crane Monkey

Yin Organs : Lungs Kidney Liver Heart Spleen

Yang Organs : Large int. Urinary blad. Gall bladd. Small int. Stomach

Directions: West North East South Centre

Season : Autumn Winter Spring Summer Late Summer

Climate : Dryness Cold Wind Summer Heat Dampness

Process: Harvest Storage Birth Growth Transformation

Colours: White Black Green Red Yellow

Taste : Pungent Salty Sour Bitter Sweet

Smell : Rank Rotten Goatish Burning Fragrant

Opening: Nose Ears Eyes Tongue Mouth

Tissue: Skin& Hair Marrow Sinews Blood vess. Flesh

Emotion : Sadness Fear Anger Joy Worry

Human
    Sound
    : Weeping Groan Shout Laughter Singing

This chart is basic principle of TCM, Acupuncture, Qigong and Feng Shui (Geomancy)

Interesting the Yang approach (Daoist) vs, the Yin approach (Western science), always in conflict in search of balance. Maybe Yin this time needs to learn from Yang

Gan bei.

7. nzric

nzric on lookout for bad guys

Put it this way. If you had never run competitively in a race and wanted to start training, how much good do you think it would do to buy lycra shorts that cut down wind resistance?

Start with the basics, get your fitness up, find your dantien, eat healthy. Once you're balanced in that way, the answers will just come naturally (your body will decide what's the right path to take)