Differences....

Discussion in 'Thai Boxing' started by evojm72, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Isn't this just dragging on a little ninjutsu stylee?
    It's not getting anywhere

Attached Files:

2. Master Betty

Master Betty Banned Banned

lol!

aaaahhh... ninjutstu....

3. Moi

What's been said has been said. We'll be having Sandy on here next :)

Can't we just draw a line under it for the sake of the O/P's topic?

I like the guy but then if there was ever a person to match your description of him it's me. I do know what a lot of trainers and ex-fighters think of him as well so I don't think it's worth arguing about.

4. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

If that's the way you've taken what I said then I can understand -it's not how I meant it however.

Considering both Slip and I took what you said to be derogatory about Holt as an individual and a fighter the problem might be how you type stuff?

5. evojm72

evojm72 Valued Member

Yeah, you tell 'em Moi!

Errr....What was the thread about again???

6. Moi

Dunno mate. Lunge punch or something?

7. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Sandy on here??? aaagggh please mods close this thread now before that happens lol:)

8. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

ahhahahahaha... :p

9. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

I'm Chinese and I really hate San Shou (well not hate but I prefer K-1/straight up Muay Thai) because I really don't like the throwing aspect of it, I mean you can win just by throwing people all day, it gets annoying.

Half the Sanda guys focus more on throwing people than actually punching and kicking and that annoys me.

If you can throw people, then I just go watch MMA since it's way better in that regard.

10. Master Betty

Lol the Iron Hands of Siam himself, Anuwat, entered the world sanshou championship in china and lost in the final to a fighter who didn't even TRY (wisely) to strike him. just kept throwing him. Not a bad strategy for the sport considering that Anuwat had knocked out virtually most of the competitors he faced at the tournament.

11. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

That's why I think Wu Lin Feng is retarded, I mean I wanna see people FIGHT not resolve to throw throw throw... run away... counter strike like 2 times... throw throw throw...

Why we got such a pussy fighting format, don't ask me, but it's lame as hell.

Now when you go OLD SCHOOL lei tei and you can throw people OFF OF IT... then it gets interesting. :)

12. daggers

daggers Valued Member

throws are one of the highest scoring techniques!

13. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

Yes but it's harder to pull off in Muay Thai cuz you can't use your hips...

14. Master Betty

I believe sanshou isn't as strict on what they term a "sweep" either. making it easier still.

15. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

It's called "kickboxing with takedowns" basically... you can do all sorts of lame stuff and it scores BIG TIME.

Throws can hurt, knock the wind of of someone etc... but beating the crap out of someone with your limbs should count just as much if not more.

16. daggers

daggers Valued Member

I think takedowns score high because it shows skill, reading and timing against opponents bodymovement, rather than clubbing someone with wild haymakers! I'd I wanna c that I'll go to my local pub thanks! Also don't forget that once a man is floored he is open to what's called a good kicking in...proving you have potentially beaten him in an unarmed combat situation, where Thaiboxing was developed (the battle field, yes long before ufc days before that starts up!) Thus making throws high scoring technique.

17. Master Betty

Have you actually read the last few posts? Lol we're talking about sanshou. Muay Thai doesn't allow most types of throws it's very specific. Sanshou however allows virtually any kind of throw - which detracts from the striking element. Which is exactly our point.

18. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

I wouldn't wanna throw with Anuwat either....

I wish he was in his prime Anuwat fight against Yod would be pretty cool (although Yod is quite a bit bigger is he not?)

19. Master Betty

One of the guys I know over here, marc brown, regularly trains and fights for fairte when he's in thailand. Last time I spoke to him was a few months ago and he told me that Yod was walking around at easily 80kg +

I doubt we're ever gonna see that buakaw and yod fight now.

Frankly, with the almost complete lack of thai fights for yod, what I'd like them to do is train him up the same way por pramuk did with buakaw and enter him in k1.

20. 47MartialMan

47MartialMan Valued Member

I thought spinning backfists were allowed in kickboxing (or proponent of certain orgs claiming to kickbox?)