Differences in ITF

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by LewisHolder, Dec 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itf-taekwondo

itf-taekwondo Banned Banned

Everything I write is 100% based on facts. If I write that I have done X, then I have truly done X.

Now, I will stand by my previous statement that Sport taekwondo - WTF are not my brothers and sisters.

If they were to go near me at a competition or seminar, I would move further away:D

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  2. TheMadhoose

TheMadhoose Carpe Jugulum

The woman in the video is Julia Cross. 6 X ITF Taekwon-Do World Champion and 15 X European Champion. A highly respected lady in the ITF. Not bad for someone with a double hip replacement.

3. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

A fairly serious operation to have hips replaced. Yeah she's pretty cool.

I am an ITF pratitioner and find the above redicluous. Please dude don't say anymore it's actually embarssing me and i don't even know you. To add to this there are guys on this forum who do WTF TKD who are good guys, it's you thats coming across ignorant. I also know some ITF brothers that have transitioned to WTF to try out for Olympics team with the blessing of and encouragement of their respective ITF schools.

Baza

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  4. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Stop that sentence right there because nothing that follows it has any credibility....unless of course you mean "I ignore them"

5. itf-taekwondo

Again; I don't care. There are lots of ITF guys that don't like WTF. The fact that WTF get all the publicity is detrimental to Taekwondo.

Just as karatekas don't want it to become a sport with helmets in the olympiad. It destroys the art aspect of martial arts.

6. Hannibal

7. itf-taekwondo

My subjective opinions are facts. Or are you saying I am wrong about what I feel?

8. Hannibal

If you feel yellow is red that doesn't make it true

"Subjective" and "100% based on facts" are not compatible postulates

9. Hannibal

This movie's tagline is "based on facts" too

[​IMG]

10. Rhythmkiller

If ITF v WTF is something that is bred into your mentality then serious questions need to be asked of your school.

When the subject of two organisations that cream cash off of their participants prompts you to take a side and make a distinction on someones character then you really need to have a look at yourself on a human level.

WTF publicity is not detrimental to TKD, it's not even detrimental to ITF version of TKD. Their is not one WTF school in my area.

Baza

11. itf-taekwondo

You pick sides in life and I stand on the traditionalist side here.

To say that ITF is superior would be silly. It's just a matter of opinion.

However, there is a distinction between these two organisations that should not be blurred.

For one thing: you cannot say I like Taekwondo kicks, without being specific. It does not encompass both ITF and WTF in saying that, since even something as conventional as a roundhouse kick is performed vastly different.

That means we can't possibly be the same, not only in terms of organisation.

Thus, I get rather annoyed when some people pretend like there really is no difference, it's all taekwondo.

12. Rhythmkiller

360 turning kick is the same. Words fail me. You are entitled to your opinion but it is coming across all wrong.

EDIT: I take it by your above statement that you have studied WTF to some degree? Otherwise you wouldn't be so naive to make such statements that you consider fact..................right?

Baza

13. itf-taekwondo

Roundhouse kick is not the same. Thus you cannot debate Taekwondo roundhouse kicks without drawing distinctions.

You honestly feel this is trivial?

14. itf-taekwondo

Yes, I have done WTF in my teenage years.

15. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Honestly in the grand scheme and scope of martial arts the difference between two sorts of TKD roundhouse kick (surely that should be turning kick no?) IS trivial.
    Personally I think the difference between karate and TKD roundhouse kicks is trivial.

16. Rhythmkiller

I do feel it's trivial. I am affiliated to ITF, i train in the ITF standard. WTF is of absolutely no concern to me and nor should it be to any ITF parctitioner.

Baza

17. TheMadhoose

TheMadhoose Carpe Jugulum

18. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Trying to differentiate between very similar kicks is the mark of someone seeking to segregate arts and set up divisions.
    It's not the mark of someone seeking to become a good kicker IMHO.

19. itf-taekwondo

Very similar are your words, not mine.

20. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Hell...I club TKD (both sorts), Tang So do and most modern Karate styles all under one big "badly transmitted and understood Okinawan inspired martial arts" banner. They all share DNA and common ancestory
    Honestly...do some more martial arts, serve some time, cross train a bit and the differences really do start to be trivial. You can get far more out of all the styles if you look for common themes rather than trivial differences.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.