Difference between Silat, Kali, Arnis, Eskrima??

Discussion in 'Silat' started by balut, Nov 20, 2003.

1. cakalele

cakalele New Member

Salaam (Greetings) to all master,

i think this discussions are very intereting.

i just want to share my opinion about the words of Kali itself and the typical escrima/arnis weaponry with the war-dance form Maluku (moluccas) Indonesia.

You can even search by yourself the word of CAKALELE (Tajakalili - pilipino). may be it can give you all new clue about Kali-Escrima-Arnis.

Salaam (Greetings)
    Cakalele

2. redtalibong

redtalibong New Member

These arts were never meant to be shared openly. The fact that they are is a testament to how far the practitioners have strayed.. imagine being invaded by colonialists who use your own art against you. What a nightmare! Both arts are highly effective, and I am obviously of the mindset that these arts are not for outsiders. That said, they are probably the two most popular fighting arts on the planet. There is much to be said of the younger practitioners, though. They seem to better understand the need to hide these arts from folks who might otherwise subjugate you. I for one only have permission to teach people I absolutely trust, and specifically from my Silat teacher, the indigenous people of the Americas, of which I also belong.

3. redtalibong

redtalibong New Member

These arts were never meant to be shared openly. The fact that they are is a testament to how far the practitioners have strayed.. imagine being invaded by colonialists who use your own art against you. What a nightmare! Both arts are highly effective, and I am obviously of the mindset that these arts are not for outsiders. That said, they are probably the two most popular fighting arts on the planet. There is much to be said of the younger practitioners, though. They seem to better understand the need to hide these arts from folks who might otherwise subjugate you. I for one only have permission to teach people I absolutely trust, and specifically from my Silat teacher, the indigenous people of the Americas, of which I also belong.

4. Dylan9d

Dylan9d Valued Member

I always look for nice people to teach and folks that don't have bad intentions.

But I hate secretive stuff, and if older teachers felt the same way it would've never reached the west.

5. Dylan9d

Dylan9d Valued Member

Test for Mitch