Difference between Northern Mantis

Discussion in 'Kung Fu' started by imperial_guardz, Nov 21, 2006.

1. KuKulzA

KuKulzA Taiwanese independence!

in the USA... I have a lot of family in Taiwan so I go and visit and live during summer sometimes, but USA is where I am a citizen and I usually live in USA.

so you just curious or was there another reason you asked? :confused:

2. Mei Hua

Mei Hua Banned Banned

I believe onyomi trained Mantis in Taiwan

3. TheDarkJester

TheDarkJester 90% Sarcasm, 10% Mostly Good Advice.

And his sifu was a complete and total badass.. Even my sifu has had nothing but great things to say about Sifu Zhao Baofu. :)

4. onyomi

onyomi 差不多先生

Yeah, like Jester said, I was introduced to Mantis in Taiwan by Zhou Baofu. Now that I'm going to school here in America I've been lucky enough to continue my Mantis studies with Ilya Profatilov. They're both great teachers whom I'm lucky to have found.

I'm glad to hear Sifu Cottrell approves, Jester. I'm sure Zhou would approve of MQ if he could read English. :)

Kukulza, I just asked because if you studied Mantis in Taiwan I'd be curious to know who you're studying with. Next time you're in Taipei you might go check out Zhou's school, Kung-fu Loung on Xinyi-lu if you have time.

5. KuKulzA

KuKulzA Taiwanese independence!

yeah i could go to Taiwan more often when I was a kid, but now I gotta make my own money, soon I'll be in college... but someday i hope to go to Taiwan if Communists don't take over and I will sure see if i can visit... I have heard that there are many great Tang Lang schools and shifus in the island of Taiwan

I'm most familiar with Chia-Yi and Taipei... mostly cause of family living in those parts :)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2006