Difference between British Judo Association and the British Judo Council?

Discussion in 'Judo' started by TheGunslinger, Sep 13, 2004.

1. Jason Simpson

Jason Simpson New Member

I'm an AJA player, but had to grade seperately at a BJA event to be allowed to compete in certain competitions. The AJA club i attend, used to be a BJA club, but changed to AJA, which seems a strange choice, but they've been fantastic. We have taken our own experience with the BJA (fighting and lots of it) to the AJA, and have mixed it with the more theory based AJA syllabus. Whichever organisation you decide to go with, it all depends on the coach as to what you will train in, but you'll enjoy it anyway!

2. judojedi

judojedi Officer of the Crown

yea, just pick your most convienient club and use it as your base camp (so to speak) don't matter which association it is. get a bit of experience there then travel round to other clubs and mix it up.
    there is nothing worse than getting stuck fighting the same peole with the same techniques over and over. i fought in the same three clubs for three years, but it was only when i went to a couple of BJA clubs that my eyes opened to what i was missing. a whole new way of doing techniques, many of which worked a hell of a lot better for me.