Diet recommended for gaining weight

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Mugen Zero, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Mugen Zero

Mugen Zero Infinite zero

well just like the title anyone can recommend a diet program for gaining weight because i am what you call an under weight atleast 50 kg. umm pardon me if i used the term diet wrongly. umm I mean muscle mass. no proteins powder please. just good old fashion food. for a martial artist of course but if it's generally it will help too.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  2. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

eat more, lift heavy weights, sleep a lot. nothing else to it. any other suggestion would also be worse than useless without knowing what you can and can not eat and what you will and will not eat.

3. Ero-Sennin

Ero-Sennin Well-Known Member Supporter

Eat more calories then you expend. You can gain "dirty" by doing a 'see' food diet (you see food and eat it, all day) or you eat a couple hundred calories above what you use during the day and you eat good, clean foods.

To do the latter you have to know what you're using for calories each day. I would start with a base of an automatic 2,000 calories, 3,000 if you do physical labor for work, then log in your training time/type of training and then Google a calorie/activity counter where you enter your body weight/height and it'll give you a good figure of what you're using for calories. Once you get that down after a couple weeks you can try tweaking the calorie consumption a bit if you feel you need a little more or less food.

Other than that, just eat a lot of the macro nutrients with a special focus on fats and protein and you should gain weight. If you go with eating everything and anything you're going to gain a bit of fat too, or if your training isn't intense enough to induce muscle growth.

4. Ero-Sennin

You forgot steroids!

Not really though.

5. Mugen Zero

Mugen Zero Infinite zero

unfortunately i have extremely fast metabolism that's why i came here. no matter how much food i gulped down it just won't go into my weight. but umm just curious, sleepin increases weight?

6. Ero-Sennin

Sleeping is where your body uses the food you consumed to build body tissue (fat or muscle). You won't "gain" unless you sleep. A lot of professional body builders/strength athletes sleep a good 10 hours a night, and nap.

Try shoving 4,000 calories down your gullet of good, wholesome food. I guarantee you don't eat that much.

7. Ero-Sennin

I prescribe for you aside from your normal daily diet, a 4,000 calorie gummy worm for weight gain. :D

Attached Files:

8. Mugen Zero

Mugen Zero Infinite zero

actually i kinda do. got it from my dad side. my dad extremely fast metabolism.

9. Mugen Zero

Mugen Zero Infinite zero

Oooh where can i get one O.O?

10. Ero-Sennin

Take a look at some of the posts in this thread. Do you eat this much food? (Ranging from 3,000 calories to 4,000 calories)

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124331141

If you do, the answer is still, "eat more."

11. Mugen Zero

Mugen Zero Infinite zero

wait how much is a pound to kg?

12. Ero-Sennin

13. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

1 kg = 2,2 pounds.

14. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Listen to The Fish. His advice is better than the crappy South Beach Diet most people follow.

15. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

This just never gets old. :D

16. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

try to give us as exact an estimate of what you eat on a given day. then keep food log for two or three days, then transcribe it here. that'll give is something to work with for more concrete suggestions. if you can digest milk, you can't go wrong with adding a liter a day, though.

17. Giovanni

Giovanni Well-Known Member Supporter

a liter a day! damn! better get your own cow.

18. Mugen Zero

Mugen Zero Infinite zero

alright i'll let you know what i eat after listing them down. wish me good luck MAPers

19. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Eat faster, you want to get big you need to focus on eating. You get a 20 minute or so delay between the vagus nerve detecting you're full and your brain secreting satiety hormone. This strategy of 'outrunning the vagus nerve' is quite common with bulkers.

Get easy calories, not necessarily unhealthy foods but you can usually add in some extra olive oil or coconut oil to a meal. A bit of dirtier foods won't hurt in the long term though try for fatty/protein foods rather than sugar foods to gain the right kind of weight.

Liquid calories are good too, I like a good whole milk source, usually by the pint. I've used this pre, post and even peri workout in the past, especially with some whey protein thrown in. First time I attempted a 10x10 routine I was drinking a total of 6 pints every workout!

20. Madao13

Madao13 Valued Member

I was also under-weight for the biggest part of my life (about 20 kgs below the normal) and I thought like most do, that I am a hard gainer.

What fixed my problem was lifting weights, 3 meals a day and milk. That's it!

I am a lazy person in general and I am way more lazy when it comes to my diet.
    So my only option was to eat the same meals I used to eat, but at the same time I paid more attention to eat as much of it as I could. It sounds easy, but somehow even that was a challenge to me.:p

But the thing that really made the difference was milk!
    I drunk and still drink milk in order to get the protein and the carbs I needed since I wasn't eating as well as I should. I am drinking around 4 liters a day, also known as GOMAD to weight lifting circles.
    It isn't very healthy I guess, but I did put that 20 kgs and in less than 8 months, without being as consistent both diet and lifting wise as I should had been.

So I can personally testify that milk works wonders for adding weight!

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013