Did you see this book yet?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Shortfuse, Jun 30, 2004.

1. Shortfuse

Shortfuse King of Hearts

when i went to the book store, i saw a book at the bottom of the shelf in the MA section from 4 or 5 feet away... when i picked it up, i said to myself where have i seen that before, it took me a while before i remembered it was this book

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...8558645/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_1/103-3482315-2903869

i dont know if there is a thread on this already but i do want to know is what is this doing in a book store as a book longer than 150 pages? i thought it was a silly site made by a stupid kid. i was so tempted to buy it, its like the site but with more material like it.

2. Brad Ellin

Brad Ellin Baba

Did a MAPer already buy this book? One of the reviews refers to the Ninja/pirate blood feud.

3. Speed

Speed New Member

lol.

Customers who bought this book also bought:

The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead

4. Shortfuse

Shortfuse King of Hearts

that same thought crossed my mind also :D

5. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

How does a cover like that get published? Just look at the cover ... "This book is all about ninjas... This book is awesome. My name is Robert and I can't stop thinking about ninjas. These guys are cool; and by cool, I mean totally sweet".
    Now really. Are you kidding me? I know they say don't judge a book by it's cover, but come on... just look at it.

6. Kinjiro Tsukasa

Kinjiro Tsukasa I'm hungry; got troll? Supporter

Check out the editorial review included on that Amazon page -- written by the book's author, and addressed "Dear Stupid Idiots" :D
    After seeing that, would you still want to buy the book? :D I guess it might be a nice addition to the "humor" collection, though!

And LOL about the "Zombie Survival Guide" thing...

7. Scarlet Mist

Scarlet Mist Banned Banned

Yo, Shortfuse, could you post a link to the kid's site?

Appreciated

8. Shortfuse

Shortfuse King of Hearts

9. Adam

Adam New Member

I want that for Christmas!

10. dragon_bunny

dragon_bunny Valued Member

oh dear sweet lord... :)
    i only posted so i could tell you my friends bad joke
    why are pirates better than ninjas? because they arrrr... :D

11. aikiMac

aikiMac aikido + boxing = very good Moderator Supporter

Hah hah hah hah! ROFL! That is great! I gotta tell that to my daughter.

12. Furikuchan

Furikuchan New Member

My brain hurts. I can't tell if this guy is making fun of teh ninja fanboys prowling on the internet, or if he is one...
    Sorry, public high school has dulled my sensitivity to sarcasm.

Oh, and the original pirate vs. ninja argument began on the somethingawful.com forums about three years ago. We resolved this debate by a public poll at Animazement 2004. Pirates won by over 150 votes. Not my choice, but I am being fair about the fact that we lost.

13. Nrv4evr

Nrv4evr New Member

lol, it looks good with chins that kill???

makes you question credibility of people in general, hmm?

now if only i had this poor soul's e-mail. i'd love to see this guy's parents. :D

14. cybermonk

cybermonk New Member

God...everyone in this thread is now dumber after seeing that site/read the book's review...wow my head hurts...they should censor this type of material. wow...