Did Bruce Lee ever lose a fight?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Darkstorm, Dec 7, 2004.

1. tel

tel absorb what is useful for

tel

not only were people claming they challenged bruce lee, there were people claiming to teach jkd,bottom line is that the name bruce leee is the biggest earner in martial arts

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Closely followed by "Gracie"

Open a "Bruce Lee's Gracie Kune Do Academy" and you'll be putting the deposit down on that Ferrari in NO time at all :D

3. tel

tel absorb what is useful for

tel

lol.sounds like a good plan

4. shuyun3

shuyun3 Shugyosha

Are you franchising? There's a wedding I've been saving up for.:D

5. lucas2411

lucas2411 New Member

bruce lee story

If anyone is interested in Bruce Lee then i suggest purchasing/downloading the documentary 'The Bruce Lee Story', it has the facts not the myths as it is made up of interviews from his family and friends and also himself. Bruce Lee lost a fight when he was 13 and that was when he decided to become more involved in MA later on when he had his own WC school in America the local traditional Chinese were agro because he wasnt teaching only chinese but all races and nationalities. Annnnyway they sent a man to challenge him and the deal was that if he lost he had to close his school, Bruce only just won and that was when he really started to train hard to try to be the best he could be. I could go longer.....just watch the video :rolleyes:

6. shotokanwarrior

shotokanwarrior I am the One

SO WHAT if he lost one? There is nothing wrong with losing. Well, if you do nothing but lose, it sucks, but...never losing is too much to ask. You would never learn anything. I have learned more from losing to people more skilled than myself than I have learned from kicking hopeless people's asses. If you are not losing, it is time to move on.

7. kempocos

kempocos Valued Member

The fight that is told and Wong Jack man is the ONLY documented fight. Bruces side says he won, the Jack man side says he lost, Infact there is a AD available if you look from a Chinese paper in San Fransisco where after Bruce claims the win Wong Jack man challenges him to prove that bruce lost. Bruce never accepted.

Other thougts from variuos comments on the thread

It is Yin Yang not Ying Yang

Nobody Knows what CHI is or is about, there are miullions of explainations. If you know go to the amazing Randy and get your Million Dollars. As of yet nobody has even tried.

JKD as Bruce left it was a concept of how to approach a fight, Not a style.

Movies are Not real, Rumors are not real. Stop with the stories unless there is proof.

The only clips there are of Bruce sparring show him fighting like crap.

And YES I would have no problem with fighting him, Hell I have no problem fighting anyone. Except my wife she is one tough broad.

The bottom line is he was just a small man who trained hard in MA like millions of others. He was by no means the first to see cross training to be vital for a fighter, He was in the postion as an entertainer to advertise that he was. The claims from others of his ability is in question. Many were trying to get into the movie game also.Through his movies and the green hornet show he would be a good person to connect with and boosting his ego is the best way.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2004
  8. kempocos

kempocos Valued Member

found this in another forum who was discussing BL as well

Bruces (Legitemate) Training under Qualified Instruction :

In writing about this period in Lee's life, Jesse Glover (his first American student) stated, "Wong was four years senior (in training) to Bruce in Yip Man's clan and Bruce studied privately for a year and a half under both him and Yip Man."
    http://www.cebridge.com.au/Ipman/Sifus/Wong Shun Leung.htm

2) Bruces level of "Physical Fitness" :
    http://www.myodynamics.com/articles/bruce.html

3) Master Gin Foon Mark lets Bruce Square Off with one of his FIRST-YEAR Students , whom Bruce cant beat :
    http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/martyeisen/mantis/Lee.htm?mtbrand=AOL_US

4) Bruces fight with Wong Jack Man . The Reporter knows NOTHING about the Martial Arts , so he thinks that Bruce was a Master (As MUST Wong be , because he won) but the Facts of the Account are Investigated . oh , it also tells how bruce ducked out of a Rematch later in PUBLIC to save his Career :
    http://www.lakungfu.com/sifujackmanwong.html

5) tells SOME of the Lies that are told in Linda Lees Book and the film "Dragon"
    http://us.imdb.com/Goofs?0106770

9. bcbernam777

bcbernam777 seeking the way

Does anyone here know anyone who knew Bruce

because I do

10. gedhab

gedhab Valued Member

Good for You! ;)

11. YODA

My cat told me she is the reincarnated soul of the cat that used to live next door to Bruce Lee in LA. She watched all his training and his sessions teaching his private students. She's agreed to pass on to me the true secrets of Feline JKD. I am so lucky.

12. Noontidal

Noontidal Popeye

My dog could kick your cat's rear. :cool:

13. domino8

domino8 New Member

If I pay you £3000 and train with you intensively for a week can I be your sole representative in my postcode?

Obviously I'm happy to agree with the standard terms and conditions:

1. I'll make sure no-one ever tries to train with the cat without you being present.

2. I'll insist that your cat's transmission of the art is the true way - no matter what the facts say.

3. I'll make sure everyone wears your tee-shirt and joins your association.

4. I'll refer you to as 'super guro' Yoda and the cat as 'super duper guro' cat.

5. I'll make exaggerated claims as to the effectiveness of the art. Even though the only fight I've ever been in required me to wear a giant inflatable sumo costume and I lost that to my boss's wife.

6. I'll charge £20 an hour privates and always have an injury when sparring happens (if I can't prevent it in the first place)

7. I'll write as many pointless magazine articles detailing my training with you and the cat to promote the 'art'

8. I'll make sure that any instructors I promote are rubbish, those that aren’t I'll drive out.

9. In three months I'll have acrimonious split with you claiming to have gone beyond you and your cat's teaching.

10. Three months after the split I'll reconcile with you after my seminar income falls away.

Cheers

Paul

Last edited: Dec 29, 2004
  14. YODA

It's worked before Paul so why not - let's go for it :D

15. bcbernam777

Yea gedhab, good for me, sarcasm is a foolish mans attempt to look wise shen he has no wisdom

16. gedhab

gedhab Valued Member

yes, and showing off in a childish manner does nothing for you looking wise....and preaching on an internet forum is rather questionable too. :rolleyes:

17. bcbernam777

who's showing off, how exactly am i showing off, and how exactly am I preaching? Please specifics

18. gedhab

gedhab Valued Member

you said "who knows someone who knew Bruce Lee:

This doesn't tell us anything that can help the question/subject of the thread...all it does is alert us to the fact that you know someone.

19. YODA

Just a gentle reminder aimed "at no one person in particluar" :Angel:

MAP Terms of Service

4.3 Abuse / Flaming / Derogatory Comments:
    Abusive Comments, personal attacks, flaming, or derogatory insults or comments are strictly forbidden.
    4.3.1 It is fine to disagree with another member’s point of view, but please do so in a mature and civil manner.

20. bcbernam777

Its called a sequential opening start, and is used quite frequently in disscussions of the like, I am ascertaining information that will provide a logical and sequential opening in the sharing of the more specific information that I have to share, are you now to ridicule the way i post on the forums GEDHAB?