Detox?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by mani, Mar 28, 2004.

1. mani

mani Valued Member

Anyone here done a detox lately?

Is it worth a detox, does it really make a difference?

2. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

I've only done it once - saved a fortune on food :D

I can't say I noticed any other benefit. Maybe if I'd done it on a more regular basis it would have.

3. mani

mani Valued Member

Im thinking of taking this detox http://www.upforlife.co.uk/detox.html

I also suffer from eczema so I hope this can help me with that as well, alongside the other stuff that is mentioned.

4. YODA

Ah - that's not was I was talking about. I was talking about a natural fasting detox.

5. DJHalliB

DJHalliB R3g1st3r3d Uzer

I've done several 1day fasts, and one three day fasts, and I recommend doing them regularily. I've never done a proper detox fast though, as they tend to be longer.

Don't get ripped off on some detox supplement.

6. YODA

Yeah - what he said :p

7. jimmytofu

jimmytofu A majority of one

Avoid the need to detox by not eating too much cr@p in the first place! ;)

8. Relosa

Relosa New Member

I fasted for a week once.
    It was deffinitly one of the best things I've done, I've been meaning to do it again but I've never gotten around to it. Bye the end of the week I felt a lot lighter... if that makes any sense, and it wasn't cause "I lost so much weight" I did lose five pounds or so, It just felt lighting and like I hard some garbage removed from me. But make sure you properly educate yourself about it.

I agree with Jimmytofu 100% on what he said :)

9. Mika

Mika New Member

Purging

I agree with jimmytofu, as well :D

Sometimes claims about the purifying effects of fasting are praised. Historically, this has more to do with spiritual purification rather than physiological purification. As far as I know, there are no accepted scientific theories supporting fasting because of its cleansing effects.

A well known researcher [in the field of nutrition here in Finland], Mikael Fogelholm (look him up, he's got the goods; he is the head of the UKK Institute which is a leading research facility in Finland, here is a link: http://cat.teho.net/software/ukkinstituutti_en/e-site/main/), recently said that if all that supposed crap was stored somewhere in your body and it was dangerous and what not, then how dangerous would it be after it reached your blood stream on its way out? It should kill you right then and there or it wasn't dangerous to begin with.
    So, that statement nicely contradicts the theory of purification in plain terms, methinks.

But spiritually it might make sense. That I cannot comment as that is a personal rather than a scientific approach.

Cheers :)

Mika